Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in search of the cargo net. I have the cross bar I just need the net. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I remember reading where some guys used a cargo net from I think a Mustang they got on flea bay, you might try that if no one has the oem net

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
I remember reading where some guys used a cargo net from I think a Mustang they got on flea bay, you might try that if no one has the oem net
I used an unused cargo net that came of my wife's Toyota, dimensions were the same, had to put new stainless mini-caribiner end clips, which I liked better than the Plastic ones that came with the OEM SSR net.
LKMURKY

·
BLU SSR
3,530 Posts
I'm not sure if all GM's nets are the same , but the Pick-a-part on I 64 has plenty in Trailblazers & Envoys for a buck or two if you are close. If you need help to carry all the nets , you can stop at either of the local "clubs" that are close by! >:):surprise: :blur:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if all GM's nets are the same , but the Pick-a-part on I 64 has plenty in Trailblazers & Envoys for a buck or two if you are close. If you need help to carry all the nets , you can stop at either of the local "clubs" that are close by! >:):surprise: :blur:
Very true but you never know what you might catch at one of those local "clubs" in your net and again just a buck or two can get more than a cargo net.>:)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Just curious ... no just plain nosey, but what good are these items ??? When I bought my SSR 9 years ago I immediately removed the Cross Bar and the Cargo Net and practically gave them away. Then I went by the Chevrolet dealer one day and they gave me a Trailer Hitch (with key) which I immediately sold for a 100 Dollars, I think. The last item was an SSR Cover which the previous owner gave me as he kept the SSR covered up in his 50 by 80 climate controlled "garage" I did give it away to Go daddy who's Ricochet Silver had to set outside till he sold his TrailBlazer SS with an LS2 engine. He wanted to know if I wanted it back and I told him "not really, I would never use it"

Just glad to help other SSR guys & gals out. In my late 70's now and trying to adopt the philosophy "If you haven't used it in a year, you don't need it" GET RID OF IT, so I did.

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Chevy Tracker 4 door that I use for an everyday driver before I got my SSR and it was nice with the cargo net in it to put bags in to keep the stuff from falling out and rolling all over the back of it. Now I use my SSR as my daily driver so I wanted the cargo net for it.

As for the other things. The trailer hitch I have as well but have not put on the truck. I do have a small trailer that I could pull behind if needed to. And others have said they keep theirs on for that protection from a minor rear end bump. Yesterday while out in mine I was stopped and some guy not paying any attention almost rear ended me. He had his brakes trying to lock up and if it had not been for me pulling out around the car in front of me waiting to turn left I would have been slammed. The trailer hitch would not have helped me on that one.

As for the car cover. I had my truck parked in the driveway and the utility company came by to trim trees. I work from home so I hear the buzz of chain saws out side and I go out to see them cutting trees just up from my driveway. I quickly grabbed my cover and tossed it on the truck and went back to work. End of the day I went out and the cover was covered in saw dust from them cutting the tree limbs. I just pulled the cover up and shook off the chips before I put the cover away. I would much rather have the chips on the cover than the trucks paint.

So I think most of the accessories have a place and use. While maybe not all the time, its better to have and not need than need and not have.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
I have a Chevy Tracker 4 door that I use for an everyday driver before I got my SSR and it was nice with the cargo net in it to put bags in to keep the stuff from falling out and rolling all over the back of it. Now I use my SSR as my daily driver so I wanted the cargo net for it.

So I think most of the accessories have a place and use. While maybe not all the time, its better to have and not need than need and not have.
I have had my SSR since 2005 and use the cargo net all the time. I have it positioned toward the rear of the bed and use it to store chairs that are used at rallies and other odds and ends I seem to need all the time. Sure comes in handy in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts