Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Proud Original Owner
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR buddy asked me to post this thread for him. He is looking for one of Eric's MPD1 3 piece rear spoilers or something in that style.
Anyone have any ideas or leads on where we can find one?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!!

Pictures below show the style spoiler he wants.

Attachments

BAD BOW TIE
I realize the guys heart is set on this one but if he can't get it there are some available on E-Bay. They are the type that looks like the one on the trans am. They come painted and ready to install for around $99. Some guys have gotten them and are very pleased. Like I said just an idea. Sort of like this.

Attachments

Proud Original Owner
Discussion Starter #7
I realize the guys heart is set on this one but if he can't get it there are some available on E-Bay. They are the type that looks like the one on the trans am. They come painted and ready to install for around $99. Some guys have gotten them and are very pleased. Like I said just an idea. Sort of like this.
Yeah, I found those on line for him. I think yours looks great too!
My friend likes the small one that Eric used to make. He might get one like yours if the other isn't available.

BAD BOW TIE
Yeah, I found those on line for him. I think yours looks great too!
My friend likes the small one that Eric used to make. He might get one like yours if the other isn't available.
Mine was on my SSR when I bought it so didn't have any say in the matter. Not much comment on the MPD being started up again. Some one was saying a couple months ago you can put the E-Bay one on with 3M tape so if the others became available you could switch it out and have no holes. Like I said they were only $100. Just an idea.

BAD BOW TIE
Any new info on Eric's parts being manufactured again? I'd order the spoiler and front lower body part. I LOVE that design.
I just checked the original thread. The inquiry was being handled by RATICALSSR on 5-7-2019 he was asking around. On 5-22-19 I asked if there was any made up ahead inventory when they moved his shop. I suggested they sell all that off for his wife and family so she would have some income. Never got a response. On 5-23-19 RATICALSSR posted he was still working on the new guy. No word since then. Guess you could send him a PM to see where we are at on this. Good luck.

Premium Member
Mine was on my SSR when I bought it so didn't have any say in the matter. Not much comment on the MPD being started up again. Some one was saying a couple months ago you can put the E-Bay one on with 3M tape so if the others became available you could switch it out and have no holes. Like I said they were only $100. Just an idea.
CAUTION: Don't do the $100. spoiler with just 3M tape. UNSAFE! I tried just that & found that the tape doesn't have the strength to hold the spoiler secure against the wind resistance it receives. I didn't want to drill holes, so I ended up using 3M Marine sealant which is permanent & it does the job.

"SJA"

Registered
CAUTION: Don't do the $100. spoiler with just 3M tape. UNSAFE! I tried just that & found that the tape doesn't have the strength to hold the spoiler secure against the wind resistance it receives. I didn't want to drill holes, so I ended up using 3M Marine sealant which is permanent & it does the job.

"SJA"
That depends upon the amount of surface area you have to mount the spoiler, your prep work in cleaning the surface and the kind of adhesive tape you are using. Many manufactures use adhesive tape to mount accessory items to vehicles. I have a "$100 ebay spoiler" that I have attached with proper 3M adhesive mounting tape and have had 0 issues with it in almost 2 years and over 6000 miles. It's still solid as a rock.

Premium Member
That depends upon the amount of surface area you have to mount the spoiler, your prep work in cleaning the surface and the kind of adhesive tape you are using. Many manufactures use adhesive tape to mount accessory items to vehicles. I have a "$100 ebay spoiler" that I have attached with proper 3M adhesive mounting tape and have had 0 issues with it in almost 2 years and over 6000 miles. It's still solid as a rock.
Not going to install a rear spoiler on :banana Split ... but I certainly would go the route you have gone. Agree with you it really depends on the amount of surface you have to mount the tape. I know one thing that 3M tape really sticks !!! tennesseecozydog :yellow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
tennesseecozydog
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing