Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this post will have a sad tone, and it isn't exactly the most normal circumstance, but I honestly don't know where else to turn.
I wasn't expecting, nor did I have any intention on introducing myself to the community this way...

On June 22, I was able to pull together the majority of my life savings to buy my dream Ultra Violet SSR as my first car. I was ecstatic.
Eighteen days later, a distracted driver ran a red light and T- Boned my driver side front wheel. I lost my driver's side fender, control arms and quite a few other suspension pieces, as well as my driver's side headlight. As my luck would have it, the other driver is, as of this time, uninsured.
I talked to my own insurance agent, and he kindly informed me that the Uninsured Motorist coverage they gave to me, only covers medical and bodily injury, not property damage...

At this point in time, the mechanic and body shop quoted over $8,000 to fix the suspension and order a new fender panel. They stated the finder's fee and everything else for the fender panel alone to be right about $1,400.
My question is, could anyone please help me find an Ultra Violet fender, preferably for less than $1,400, and maybe a headlight as well?

I just want to get my new baby back on the road again...
Thank you in advance.

Tim

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
Sorry

I know this post will have a sad tone, and it isn't exactly the most normal circumstance, but I honestly don't know where else to turn.
I wasn't expecting, nor did I have any intention on introducing myself to the community this way...

On June 22, I was able to pull together the majority of my life savings to buy my dream Ultra Violet SSR as my first car. I was ecstatic.
Eighteen days later, a distracted driver ran a red light and T- Boned my driver side front wheel. I lost my driver's side fender, control arms and quite a few other suspension pieces, as well as my driver's side headlight. As my luck would have it, the other driver is, as of this time, uninsured.
I talked to my own insurance agent, and he kindly informed me that the Uninsured Motorist coverage they gave to me, only covers medical and bodily injury, not property damage...

At this point in time, the mechanic and body shop quoted over $8,000 to fix the suspension and order a new fender panel. They stated the finder's fee and everything else for the fender panel alone to be right about $1,400.
My question is, could anyone please help me find an Ultra Violet fender, preferably for less than $1,400, and maybe a headlight as well?

Thank you in advance.

Tim
TIM....sorry about your wreck. Really GOOD you weren't injured !

FINDERS FEE ? I would think LONG and HARD before going with your body shop...His estimates seems WAY out of line.

I'm sure others will chime in and give you some advice. THIS is the place to find the parts you need.

What is your location ?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The suspension parts are all pretty much Trailblazer parts so they should be in about every junk yard and easy to get. The fender and headlight are out there. Wait to see what you find on here and if no one has one check Ebay. There are a couple places that specialize in the SSR parts but wait and see what you can find here first. With an SSR if you get in a hurry you can over pay for parts. Mike Byers may have a new one available you might try him as well.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts

Thank you in advance.

Tim
I am very sorry to hear about this. I would discuss with your insurance company to see if they will pay you at least part of the finders fee if you find the parts. I would visit this thread and look for the location of a SSR which has an undamaged Front Left quarter and see what would be involved in bidding on, or finding someone to bid on, that vehicle. Color is something which can be changed so I would look for a clean undamaged fender first and color second. It sounds like there will be painting required anyway. Good luck in your search

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,261 Posts
Paint is cheap, finding an UV fender might take time, these are good alternate parts solutions........

Left front fenders -
Silver - Spalding Auto Parts 1-800-366-2070 $811 no damage
Utah Auto Recycling 435-932-2114 Have 2 but are slightly damaged
1 in primer listed as surplus????? - Sams Riverside Auto Salvage 1-800-383-2163

LH Fender Liner (plastic inner area)
Cleveland Power & Performance 1-440-236-5031

LH Headlight
Spalding Auto Parts 1-800-366-2070
Apple Auto Dismantling 1-562-436-6424
State Line Auto Parts 815-965-2612

As mentioned earlier, most of the suspension should be easily found in wrecking yards or Trailblazer parting out ads in local area. If you need more feel free to PM. I also agree, time to find another body shop, any finders fee for parts is BS.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts

Thank you in advance.

Tim
Tim "Studmuffin" that absolutely SUCKS ... 18 Fun Days and then Disaster. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck. I think Dragon2U has got some great information for you. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paint is cheap, finding an UV fender might take time, these are good alternate parts solutions........

Left front fenders -
Silver - Spalding Auto Parts 1-800-366-2070 $811 no damage
Utah Auto Recycling 435-932-2114 Have 2 but are slightly damaged
1 in primer listed as surplus????? - Sams Riverside Auto Salvage 1-800-383-2163

LH Fender Liner (plastic inner area)
Cleveland Power & Performance 1-440-236-5031

LH Headlight
Spalding Auto Parts 1-800-366-2070
Apple Auto Dismantling 1-562-436-6424
State Line Auto Parts 815-965-2612

As mentioned earlier, most of the suspension should be easily found in wrecking yards or Trailblazer parting out ads in local area. If you need more feel free to PM. I also agree, time to find another body shop, any finders fee for parts is BS.
Thank you for the tips.
And yes, I completely agree. I understand that they are hard to come by, but something just didn't feel right about that price for one piece.
On the bright side, the bumper is salvageable.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
I have an Ultra Violet LF fender. It has a few scratches in it from being handled with other parts around it, but it is very worthy of a little light sanding (maybe a tiny bit of filler on a scratch or two), some purple paint and being installed. The fender is $600 plus shipping. I also have a good used left lower control arm for $50 and a good used left headlight for $250. All this can ship in the same package.

Do you also need the left spindle, hub and caliper assembly? Do you need to replace the front sway bar? I have all those as well.

You can email me at [email protected]

Oh, by the way.... welcome to the SSR family. We have your back.

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
Great offer Mike, my sleuthing was put to the test but looks like your offer is a bullseye! :thumbs
I picked up the purple fender in 2015 and it's been siting around, waiting for a need...... the headlight came to me in a horsetrade about a month ago and the front suspension is off of a buddy's truck that had rear end damage.....

Just all the stars aligning right......

Regards, my friend.

Mike

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an Ultra Violet LF fender. It has a few scratches in it from being handled with other parts around it, but it is very worthy of a little light sanding (maybe a tiny bit of filler on a scratch or two), some purple paint and being installed. The fender is $600 plus shipping. I also have a good used left lower control arm for $50 and a good used left headlight for $250. All this can ship in the same package.

Oh, by the way.... welcome to the SSR family. We have your back.

Mike
Thank you all for the surprising amount of support! I have a lot of discussions to have in the next couple of days.
I might very well take you up on that offer, Mike, thank you.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,434 Posts
Just read this thread.....very sorry to hear. Mine was involved in front end damage a few months and after a few headaches she's back on the road. Please join us on the 29th for a little meet/greet at Quaker steak and lube off of Polaris parkway. @Autoprof is in your neck of the woods (although out of town this week) and may be of some assistance. Jarod

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Studmuffin
I hate to say I told you so.
But
I told you this forum is a valuable resource for those that share a passion for these fun trucks.
I am so glad you took my advice and posted here. You never mentioned the high cost of suspension work or was this for everything else other that the fender. As I mentioned in our previous emails. I nearby and willing to assist. Again, I am glad you didn't throw away my card I left and decided to actually post on the site you had been lurking on.
Welcome again.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Studmuffin
I hate to say I told you so.
But
I told you this forum is a valuable resource for those that share a passion for these fun trucks.
I am so glad you took my advice and posted here. You never mentioned the high cost of suspension work or was this for everything else other that the fender. As I mentioned in our previous emails. I nearby and willing to assist. Again, I am glad you didn't throw away my card I left and decided to actually post on the site you had been lurking on.
Welcome again.
A bunch of business cards in the coin tray is the best way to build the membership on this site. They are really inexpensive at VistaPrint in FLA. If you add them to the driver's outside mirror when you find an unattended SSR they will not be ignored as throw away junk mail in most cases.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,641 Posts
And don't forget Barry Pattison in Canada!

Tottenham, North of Toronto.

6 SSR 's (for Sale) and at least two trailer truck loads of parts, three complete roofs and several frames.

PM RedBarry
Email: [email protected]
Cell 416-254 5095

Or contact me.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,438 Posts
Studmuffin, my heart broke reading the news about your UV! You are finding out quickly how helpful and supportive the Fanatic Family can be. Sounds like Mike in AZ has everything you need! Hope it all works out and you can still join us on the 29th!

Reactions: Autoprof
1 - 20 of 30 Posts