Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for tips on how to find a detail shop in Phoenix/Scottsdale to Zaino my new paint job. After reading of the work necessary to Zaino correctly, I don't think I would survive the process in my un-airconditioned garage in our currently 116 degree weather. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Dude, you're out of luck. They're all do-it-yourselvers here. Just a couple weekends ago one fanatic took his SSR completely apart and repainted it over the weekend, using only what you can find in the medicine cabinet.

He even had time left over to take his wife bowling!

There's some pictures here of it somewhere. There's his truck with the beautiful green and white paint job, with him standing there still holding the toothbrush and the colgate mint strip toothpaste.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
dougnc said:
Dude, you're out of luck. They're all do-it-yourselvers here. Just a couple weekends ago one fanatic took his SSR completely apart and repainted it over the weekend, using only what you can find in the medicine cabinet.

He even had time left over to take his wife bowling!

There's some pictures here of it somewhere. There's his truck with the beautiful green and white paint job, with him standing there still holding the toothbrush and the colgate mint strip toothpaste.
NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do that in cool Canada

It's not that tough for the hearty Canucks since their weather is accomodating. Here is Phoenix if you spend ten minutes wiping down the beast, you have to check into the hospital for fluid transfusions and skin replacement.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
tradertom said:
It's not that tough for the hearty Canucks since their weather is accomodating. Here is Phoenix if you spend ten minutes wiping down the beast, you have to check into the hospital for fluid transfusions and skin replacement.
Aw...come on! You're not the only one experiencing a melt down...while 116 is not common around here it's not rare either and we don't have a problem doing our own Zaino application. Find a bit of shade, run through the sprinklers periodically, and do it late in the afternoon/early evening and the following morning...you won't regret it!

:seeya

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zaino detail job

I don't have a detail shop in mind to do the detail job, but do propose a solution. I live in South Tempe and would be willing to head up north and help you out one weekend getting yours done. Then a couple of weeks later you could help me do a reapplication. Of course this would have to be started early in the morning before the sun comes up. If your interested let me know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wild desert wolf I appreciate the offer but I am heading to the beach this weekend for vacation-will PM you after i return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts