Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new American Cocker Spaniel puppy. He's now 12 weeks old and about 8 or 9 pounds. Should get to about 20 pounds. He loves riding in the SSR, but he's starting to get heavy for my wife to keep him on her lap.

Has anyone used a car seat on top of the console for their dog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim & Rita

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,268 Posts
Hmmmmm, we traveled with our pug on many occasions in the R and I am not sure anything would fit in the console area. That, and if you ever came to a stop I would worry about hitting the shifter. Sure, holding the dog is not much of an alternate choice but it worked for us. The wife rolled up some towels and stuck them in the opening between her leg and the door and the console and it seemed to work well. Sometimes Peanut sat on the floor but not very often.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Hmmm...

Perhaps one of these just might work.........:surprise:

hqdefault.jpeg <-------:surprise:------> images-2.jpeg

==============
David :black:
images-2.png

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,389 Posts
My next dog is going to be a Great Dane ???
For some reason.....I cant see him riding
on the middle console.
My experience with a beagle says a Great Dane will not fit!>:)

Attachments

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,892 Posts
We had a Shih Tzu. Would love to jump up into our cars and my work truck to ride with us. Rode in the SSR twice and then when we said let’s go bye bye, and he saw we were going in the R, he would go straight to his bed and lay down. Guess he didn’t like the tight space, no back seat and no large console.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
The little brown terrier in the seat belt harness brought tears to my eyes I laughed so hard, but the goat in the bag on the side of the car just dropped me to the floor. I'm still chuckling every time I picture that in my head. Who travels with their Goat.
" I gotsta get me one "!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts