Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved from central Illinois to South West Florida (SWFL) in the Ft Myers/Estero/Bonita Springs area. Wondering if there are any SSR owners I can get together with?

Planning to drive up to Punta Gorda this Saturday (Oct. 21) for the free monthly car show at Muscle Car City Car & Bike Show (weather permitting).

Anyone in the area planning to attend?

SSRGEEZER

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just moved from central Illinois to South West Florida (SWFL) in the Ft Myers/Estero/Bonita Springs area. Wondering if there are any SSR owners I can get together with?

Planning to drive up to Punta Gorda this Saturday (Oct. 21) for the free monthly car show at Muscle Car City Car & Bike Show (weather permitting).

Anyone in the area planning to attend?

SSRGEEZER
Welcome to the area.
I'm in the Tampa area and can't make the trip this weekend but it's good to know that there is another enthusiast within striking distance.
Enjoy the show

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Welcome to the Florida Chapter of the Fanatics like some of you I consider myself a newbee owner having bought my R last August. All of you guys should plan on going to the Daytona Rally April 8-11 there's 75 trucks signed up already probably be over 100 by the time April gets here. I just came back from International Rally in Texas had a great time, seen a lot of nice trucks( 140+), and met a great bunch of Fanatics. If you really want to see what can be done to your trucks and get some ideas on dressing yours up or get some questions answered if you are having any problems,I highly recommend attending a get together like this, you won't be disappointed. Plus as a bonus you get to run around Daytona Speedway how the hell can you beat that... Look for the Daytona post for information....

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Welcome to the Sunshine State.
Couple things you might want to check out.
Florida Fanatic list, http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f39/florida-ssr-fanatics-23200/. List has names and home towns. Some have moved on but you can check for locals. Be sure to sign up for the Florida Fanatic newsletter, link in first post.

And as 04 PurpleHaze said, be sure to sign up for the Daytona Rally coming up next April. We will have well over 100 SSR's showing up. Here's the link. http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f39/daytona-rally-april-8-11-2018-a-218561/

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Hey SSRGEEZER: Welcome to Estero & the SSR Family: I am in Fountain Lakes across from Coconut Point shopping; I won't be available this weekend but would love to get together in the near future just to say hey. I Pray your place did ok in Irma. Be Blessed and we'll talk soon.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,250 Posts
I live in Sarasota. My SSR was a "bucket list" check off item. Having fun reliving my youth, I'm 75 and my car, or should I say truck, is a six speed manual. Go figure.
I see you only have 1 post. If you haven't been to "New Member Section", go there!-----AND--- Welcome from Forney Texas!!!-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mike,
Just happens that I'm about 2 miles from Coconut Point (Meadows of Estero). Would like to get together with you as time permits. You can PM me with an email or phone number.

SSRGEEZER

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dingbat,
Thanks for the reply and info on the Daytona Rally in April, I'll definitely put it on my calendar!

SSRGEEZER

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LarryG,
Thanks for the reply. Hmmm, another Aqua Blur '05, very interesting. PM me so we can talk about your days past in west central IL.

SSRGEEZER

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Having left Illinois, the state where the governors makes our license plates, for SWFL arrived here 12/5/2016. Living in the Iona area of Fort Myers. We have 5 SS/R in our sub division. Several are snowbirds.

Busy the next two week ends, but would enjoy hooking up for art together.

We have a couple more members in Cape Coral that I still need to connect with.

Let me know and let's try for a date that'll work.
Terry

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Howdy,
I live in Cape Coral, and would be happy to join a group. Several of us around here.
Welcome to Florida.
Charlesw:smash

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Charles,
I assume you are here full time for now? We talked about meeting last August, but our schedules got messed up and then Irma showed up.

Hope all is well on your side of the river.

Terry

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,545 Posts
I believe last count on Florida Chapter was 179.

Welcome to the Florida Chapter.

NO Dues!
NO Meetings!
NO Rules!

Dicktator

1 - 18 of 18 Posts