Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part numbers are: left 88980385; right 89044556.
Mine are leaking and need to be replaced or rebuilt. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Rebuild at $150 apiece or buy two used ones for the same price that may or may not leak after use? I have spares but they should be rebuilt at some point. Spares $150 each.

Dane

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
I am opting for rebuild. Can you tell me who does rebuild or should I just google?

Cabriolet Hydraulics in Florida rebuilt mine. I think there is another company on the west coast. I suggest you do all of them at once. They were expected to last about ten years. So they will all fail in the long run and you will spend a lot of time, money, and effort to piecemeal them as they go out. Not to mention the roof issues you will have as they go out. To do all eight, about a $1000.00 plus labor unless you do it yourself. I did mine, thanks to Dictators great instructions, in about 6 hours. Took them out, shipped them. When I got them back, installed in about 4 hours. A little quicker than taking them out since I now knew what I was doing. To me, it adds value to the SSR Good selling point.

Good to hear from somebody in El Paso. I spent many years at Ft Bliss

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Follow the DIY that Dictator has on the Forum as well. I’ve removed several sets of these and I followed the directions. PATIENCE and TIME is all that will be necessary.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After seeing my first SSR close up at a car show in Leavenworth in 2014, I found my SSR this Apr and Hubby flew to Florida to get it in May. The hydraulic fluid was leaking and the roof not working. I had no problems buying it anyway because during my research on SSRs, I had already come across this site and knew I would get assistance with fixing and keeping it up.

Thank you everyone for all your input and help! I just bid on and am now the proud owner of a complete set-with lines-of cylinders as well as a motor pump unit. I will print out the instructions and help my mechanic to replace mine. Then get the current set rebuilt for that day in the future. I am also not sure why I did not think of redoing all cylinders at one time, because I usually replace all like items when one fails as they are generally the same age. Did this with the hubs, bearings, etc. on our other vehicles. Will order the roof LST set from SE as well.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Good to hear from somebody in El Paso. I spent many years at Ft Bliss
I opted for Fort Bliss as my last duty station. Bought a house in EP back in 2002 when I was sent to the academy. Glad we decided to retire here...especially with all that crazy weather everywhere else...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts