Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks-
I ordered my SSR on October 31. It was built on December 5, and paid for on December 29, (in order to get discount before year end), yet it has not been delivered - 52 days and counting. My dealer cannot get any information regarding where it is. I talked to someone in GM Customer service who was about as helpful as the cat. Her helpful suggestion was that I should work closely with the dealer.

I'm tired of excuses, and I think 3 months from order with no end in sight is excessive. Maybe I'm just grumpy. What do you think?

StrokerMcGurk.

:banghead

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Stroker,

Maybe someone else (Marc or someone from GM lurking on the site) can help you out or can shed some light.

Something seems a little off.

First, can anyone on the site confirm that some units were built in December?

I thought production intended for December was cancelled, and wonder if the production date you were given was a tentative one only, and the dealer hasn't followed up. Otherwise, they should be able to confirm build date, ship date, and status.

The serial number should exist in GM's system if your SSR is completed.

All I have to date on a new order is that production is tentatively set for the week of February 20th. On previous factory orders, I was able to stay very close to the process and had a pretty good idea of the status on my vehicle.

The only upside I see for you at this stage is that if it's not built yet, it should become part of the final build, waterfall plate and all.

Ray

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further to above: I'm sure it was built on Dec. 5 - as I have a VIN (1GCES14H06B123137) and they can't legally sell a car without a VIN.

StrokerMcGurk

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you are planning to keep your SSR long term this may be to your advantage as GM is marking the final production run of the SSRs with a waterfall badge. This may be of additional value down the road as a collector car. Of course, I am sure that you want your SSR so it boils down to waiting for the factory to open and build your car or buying an existing 2005 or 2006 on the dealer's lot. You can save alot of money if you look closely for 2005s. I got $12,000 off of the sticker price of $49,660 for a 2005 with 181 miles .

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Here’s a nightmare for you to dream about tonight. G.M. needed a SSR for an indoor Autorama. For a week it sat in an auditorium with 50 thousand kids and sticky fingered shoppers climbing through it.

At this late time after waiting so long, I would wait a little longer and ask for one of the last 50 built.

If she was built on the 5th of Dec. it’s lost, and someone should be getting drilled. Good luck ... please fill us in when you get her.

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Oooops - looking at the Vin thread, this note from KW popped up.

QUOTE kwFYI: There were 544 2006 SSR's built at the LCC during December 2005 - for a total of 1,983 2006's built so far...

Sorry about that, Stroker.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

Stroker, I hope you have a sense of humour. I just adjusted the VIN registry, and added a little extra for ya.

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
Hey Stroker

Hey Stroker Just Keep Waiting Same Thing Happened To Me With My 2005 Ssr Ordered On 11/23/04 Finally Delivered 05/13/05 Dealer And Gm Had No Answers ....was Worth The Wait...........

·
Registered
515 Posts
It will be there!!!

For what it is worth, I travel across I 80 every week through Ohio, IN, IL and go right by the Interstate that would take you North up to Lansing. I always would see car carriers (parking lots) as we call them, with SSR's on them. Although I have not seen as many lately, I did see one on the tail end of a "parking lot" about 2 to 3 weeks ago, going east on I 80 in Ohio, so they still may be shipping out what they have, and instead of getting a trailer load of SSR's, waiting until they get their loads elsewhere and then go into Lansing for the SSR or two that is going in their route direction................don't give up................Tom:ssr :ssr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking For My SSR

Ordered my SSR on Sept.12 2005. Invoice and Shipped On Dec.14 2005. GM Rep. Traced It To A Holding Lot In OHIO. It Was Loaded On Rail Jan.23 2006 Still Waiting . Looking For Help On Built Date. Vin# 6B122996. The Dealer Received The Invoice Mid Dec. Two Tone-6Speed-ChromePkg-All Options.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Your Dealer should be able to locate it through the local Chevrolet Zone office. Here is what might have happened however. It may have had some flaw and was set aside at the plant for service and then they shut the plant down and it never got fixed before they shut down. Im guessing its sitting in the plant somewhere.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Excuses....excuses

No matter what the excuse is it is he-ll of a way to run a railroad....and thats all there is to that!!!!!!!!!:smash :smash :smash

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Got a call in..

to contact at GM. He will check the sytem to see what he can find. Will let you know if he finds anything.

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Hey, Rebel

I think Two Tone Okie also deserves an MIA tag - seeing as his is older than Stroker's, and also pulling a disappearing act.

Two-Tone, it may be necessary for you to request the MIA tag on Rebel's registry.

He's a stickler for details.:lol

Did you go with the black top/silver bottom or the reverse? I've got a silver top/black bottom in the system (I think)

Ray

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,120 Posts
Just a comparative note....

vin 23286 was built on 23DEC05. It is the two tone blue and silver that was on ebay last week.

Get one of the members who has access to the GM site to do a little tracing for you. they should be able to look at the vin build records and tell where and when it went.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
So..... if 23286 has already been delivered, and the serial is higher than Stroker's or Two-Tone's where are the others??

Ray

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Two Tone-

I decided to quit being polite, and the owner of my dealership, a Mr. John Able of Abel Chev got ahold of someone at Chevrolet and took off a piece of their rear end. Anyway, within an hour, he found out that it had been on the same Ohio lot for weeks, along with the attendant myriad excuses. 'Ol John is not one who is willing to listen to a lot of BS. Long and short, Blue Streak is supposed to be in Milpitas, Ca. by tomorrow, with delivery to Rio Vista by Monday. We'll see...

StrokerMcGurk

:banghead

·
Registered
18 Posts
My SSR Arrived By Rail In Okla. City Today .Talked With Cooper Trans. Should Be Unloaded By Friday 2-3-06. Be At The Dealer In Tulsa No Later Than Monday 2-06-06. Black On Bottom Silver on Top.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Two-Tone-

Glad to hear success is just around the corner. Maybe in the Spring the lady and I will cruise down your way and say 'Hi!'

StrokerMcGurk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts