Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several '05s have gone on E-Bay for $31-$33k. Looking for new '05 or '06 red or yellow 6 spd for $33k or less. Let me know if any dealers can make this happen.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does no one have such a deal? I'm ready to buy, just need to find the truck. Wondering why you can find them on E-Bay but not on the Forum. Mork, what about you?

·
Registered
442 Posts
That is $13K off of a brand new '05 6 speed from a dealer? If you do not get it, please give me some details. Color?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a "NEW" 2004 SSR at $18,000 off list. It had never been titled so I could use my GM Mastercard earning of $3,000 making my total cost $21,000 off list.

I found the car by going to autotrader.com. I called about 10 dealers within 500 miles of home and some would not deal but I found two that would sell the SSR at my price. The dealer I finally bought from made me a deal $500 below my desired price.

There are lots of SSR's around at good prices.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I went to autotrader.com It asks for your zip and what you are after in the way of an '05 or '06 and they will have a dealer give you a quote. Is that what you did? Were you able to plug in '04 or did that happen when you contacted dealers. If you called a bunch of dealers, how did the autotrader.com work for you? thnx!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Danko said:
I went to autotrader.com It asks for your zip and what you are after in the way of an '05 or '06 and they will have a dealer give you a quote. Is that what you did? Were you able to plug in '04 or did that happen when you contacted dealers. If you called a bunch of dealers, how did the autotrader.com work for you? thnx!
Here is how I did it.
1. Under "Quick Search" enter "Chevrolet" and your Zip and click on "Go".
2. Under "Model" select "SSR".
3. Under "Year Range" select the year that you are looking for. In this case lets select "2005" for both "from' and "to".
4. Do not enter anything in the "Price Range" as you will want to tell the dealer what you want to pay.
5. Under "Distance" select "Within 300 Miles".
6. Click on "Search AutoTrader".

This morning there were 149 SSR's listed.

Select an SSR that you are interested in and then look at the VIN number.

Go to http://www.carfax.com/ and enter the VIN. If CARFAX cannot find the VIN then you can be pretty sure that the SSR has never been titled. This helped me to find SSRs that I could apply my GM Mastercard dollars to the purchase.

Then call several of the dealers to determine if they are willing to sell the SSR at your price. Make sure that you know what a reasonable price is for the SSR that you want. I found that about 70% of the dealers that I called were not willing to accept my offer, but several of them were willing.

I had looked at EBAY for several weeks and found that the only 2004 SSRs that sold were priced at around $29,000 to $29,500. I was actually the high bidder 4 times but the dealers reserve price was higher than my bid. I was only looking at NEW SSRs. I decided that I would pay $29,500 for an SSR that would allow me to use my GM card dollars and had most of the option. I found two dealers willing to sell me their SSR at my price. I decided to buy the one that was closest to me so I called the other dealer and he cut his price by $500. I had to drive 300 miles to pick it up, but I saved the $500.

Let me know if you want any other info.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow! Looks like autotrader.com has the best prices. Just saw a new yellow '04 for $29,995 in Cincy. Now, to find an '05 6 speed for not much more.......... thnx Barhora for the info to do this!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts