Chevy SSR Forum banner
  •  2022 Ride of the Year

Hey there Guest! Check out the current Ride of the Month contest.

View and vote on the submissions from the community fanatics vying for the coveted ROTM award!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· SSR Overseas, Ireland,
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
A buddy who has SSR 2006 lost his keys, got spare key ok, but has no key fob for locking / unlock doors. Where can he get new replacement key fob

Thanks

Richard
Ireland SSR

· Premium Member
91 Posts
Note - Make sure that you have them program your new fob or fobs - all together at one time - if they just do one, the original fob ( if you have one) will not work! I had to go back to the dealer twice to get mine all programmed at the same-fortunately they didn't charge me - Since they screwed up the first time!! Took ten minutes as well..

· Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I purchased my fob from a dealer at The GOODGUYS Car Show. Several weeks later took the SSR into a local key shop and fob programmer.....he made the key and programmed fob...then went thru all the buttons on the fob making sure they all worked..painless :wink2:
vp

ie: there is several topics in the "google custom search engine " on this subject...upper right hand corner this page...

· Premium Member
04 SSR
4,767 Posts
Dealer fob programming cost $50..
Wow, sounds like I need to buy one and practice using my tech 2 before Maggie Valley.
I could then offer programming of key fobs for free (a cold beverage tip would be nice. But not required) I might also purchase some to bring and resale at cost.
I will keep everyone informed on process. May not have any news before my toy goes into winter hibernation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.