Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2004 SSR in February (with 5,000 miles) from CarMax. No manual.
(As you can imagine, I had lots of questions after purchase, and this site has been a lifesaver - thanks, y'all!)

I just found a manual, used, for $15 at this site:

http://www.factoryautomanuals.com

It was a great price, and I thought I would share the site in case anyone else is looking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
pdf manual

You can download the full manual right from Chevrolet as a pdf, along with a couple of other documents.

Got mygmlink.com, register, and you get access to online manuals.

·
Registered
256 Posts
beer100 said:
Also the SSR owner's manual can be purchased at http://www.helm.com

If you purchase it at Helm, they don't give you the leather jacket that has the SSR logo on it. It just says GM. Plus they don't give you the accessory booklet. I tried getting it from GM, even though they still manufacture them for the 2005, they won't the original leather jacket. I've had my runaround with this, plus trying to get the original window sticker. Funny, you can purchase the build sheet and window sticker for a Corvette from the National Corvette Museum, which is comparable in price to the SSR, but they won't send you a copy of the original window sticker with options. They'll only read it over the phone, so GM has it. I'm willing to pay for it and they won't accomodate. My dealership even put an order in thru DealerWorld. Dealerworld is a GM partner where these things have to be ordered, and the law states that they have to keep window stickers on hand for 5 years. One dealer told me that they won't send the window sticker, because then you can try to sell it new. What a joke.

Another thing, the rear hatch with the lid cover with the compartment can't be ordered any more, because they changed manufacturers. You can only get the lid cover without the compartment now. So, if you get rear ended and you need that cover, you're not going to get the original equipment that came with the car. What I heard is that as long as GM produces a part that is comparable to the original, they are able to get away with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts