Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on my truck this week noticed the satin finish is really bad on the passengers side of the shifter cover piece. If anyone has one for sale let me know Satin finish with automatic. Thanks

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,166 Posts
Good luck getting your cover off. I pried and pried, got my fingers under the lip of it but it wouldn't give it up. If you do get yours off, check the shifter cable bushing for condition. Some people have had problems with it failing and being stranded.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,528 Posts
I think that cover is just sprayed with a coating similar to the front grille bar. Should be able to re-spray it. That is if you ever get it off. Ha! Ha!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,644 Posts
I think that cover is just sprayed with a coating similar to the front grille bar. Should be able to re-spray it. That is if you ever get it off. Ha! Ha!
If that is the case you might be able to make it polished, depending on the damage.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My cover has a couple spots on the passenger side that are down to the white plastic. I did not notice it till I was down taking out the ash tray to replace it. But we all know once we know there is something wrong we have to fix it.

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,151 Posts
Good luck getting your cover off. I pried and pried, got my fingers under the lip of it but it wouldn't give it up. If you do get yours off, check the shifter cable bushing for condition. Some people have had problems with it failing and being stranded.

Dave
Like Dave said replace your cable bushing when you get the cover off, I got mine done as a precaution to having it fail down the road. Mechanic said it feel apart in his hand, have an 04 with 32,000 miles so don't think it won't happen to you if you have low mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Pint it

Have it painted to match the console body color.

Jack

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My truck is black, it needs the silver to keep it from being to much black. My truck is far from low mileage. I think a lot of the common problems have already been upgraded. I know the fan has been, the air dam on the front has been. I hope this weekend I can get under it and look to see if the shifter cable upgrade has been done at the transmission arm. I want to get a good idea of what needs to be done and keep crossing them off the list. Today I swapped the wiper arms to 05 arms.

Lowering it and putting new struts and shocks are also high on the to do list.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,268 Posts
While working on my truck this week noticed the satin finish is really bad on the passengers side of the shifter cover piece. If anyone has one for sale let me know Satin finish with automatic. Thanks
I have a couple shifter bezels. Price depends on how much you want....... just the cover, or the whole enchilada...... Give me a call today.

Mike
480-225-2123

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Hey! I got it right........

Hey, I got it rite the second time! Besides I am old. ( note to self, contact Dick about forming 80 and plus club)

Jack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts