Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in a windjammer if someone has one in good condition that they are looking to part with. Reply via PM or at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Vetteman has a nice 1/2 inch screen. Hard to fault it? Sure blocks the wind at speed. Nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good/ or /so the saying goes..........

Bird.

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vetteman has a nice 1/2 inch screen. Hard to fault it? Sure blocks the wind at speed. Nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good/ or /so the saying goes..........

Bird.
That is the one I will get if I don't find another available. I just wanted to see if someone had one they are looking to part with first.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
They work well. I’m betting people that have’em aren't’ takin’em out. Unless they’ve gone from the clear to the more wild variety.

So may be.... Good luck on your quest. Got mine from vetteman.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Robert,

I know that most people that have one are not going to give it up. I am just seeing if anyone has an extra due to a style change or if there is one from a vehicle being parted out.

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,245 Posts
Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have any comments on WindsuppeSSR vs. Windjammer? I saw that Windjammer is 1/2" vs 3/8" but other than that, they look pretty similar.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,807 Posts
I ordered one a couple weeks ago and Paypal took my credit card, I got the receipt and within a few hours I got a refund and a statement that the item was no longer available. Not sure why Ray still has the site up if he has gone out of business, but I guess that is his business.

Anyone have any comments on WindsuppeSSR vs. Windjammer? I saw that Windjammer is 1/2" vs 3/8" but other than that, they look pretty similar.
My understanding is the Windjammer is tempered glass as opposed to a plastic product. I am very happy with my WindsupreSSR and wanted one for my other truck. Still looking.

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Dwight, good to know. I will probably be getting the Windjammer soon so I will let you know what I find out.

·
Premium Member
20,093 Posts
Lance we do have tsp plastics you know . You draw it up they will cut and polish the ends

·
Spirited driver!
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know about TAP Plastics. That's where I had them make the parts for the docking station I installed on the console. I would need plans with measurements and the special hardware for mounting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts