Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes,I managed to back into the corner of a concrete block wall. ( yea after I installed a back-up camera, do i feel dumb)
Body shop say's that it can be repaired,but would rather replace if possible.
Anyway I am looking for one, color & light scratches, doesn't matter
I can be reached by e-mail @ [email protected],or call 724-443-8833
Thanks
John Boffemmyer:crying:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
Shipping will be the problem. I bought one and it had to be shipped Freight on pallets. weighs nothing but too big for FEDEX or Greyhound. Shipping from Washington State to Texas was $300. Finding and undamaged one is rare. Check with Cleveland Auto Parts, they are parting out several SSRs and get more in all the time. They are close enough to you to go pick it up if they have one. They are good folks to deal with.

Tim Mulcahy
Sales Manager
866-236-5031 ext 236
[email protected]
Cleveland Power & Performance - Late-Model Car Parts, Restomod, Salvage Rebuilds, Custom Cars
https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandPaP

Greg

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Seems like someone had one listed not long ago Maybe Dictator was the one. Or another one to check with is OldXr
==========================================
Unless I'm mistaken I believe Dictator had a front end up for sale.

Eric at MPD makes a very nice custom replacement. As Greg mentioned not too many good used ones up for grabs out there. - :frown2:

Good luck

===============
David :black:

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Wow, That bumper works is reasonable. And they will paint too!

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Try Cleveland pick a part. Your not that far away to go and pick it up

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
When mine was damaged we ended up repairing the original after buying 3 others that were junk and not worth fixing. Good luck finding a good cover, I recommend repairing yours to avoid the hassles I had.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
==========================================
Unless I'm mistaken I believe Dictator had a front end up for sale.

Eric at MPD makes a very nice custom replacement. As Greg mentioned not too many good used ones up for grabs out there. - :frown2:

Good luck

===============
Said he was looking for a REAR BUMPER !!!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Said he was looking for a REAR BUMPER !!!
=======================================

Bob, that's what I was pointing out!! He's looking for a rear bumper. Stlhotrod suggested he try Dictator. I replied that I believed what Dictator had available was a front end NOT a rear end. >:)

But then Stlhotrod edited his original post. Oh, never mind. :frown2:

================

·
Tech Support/Research
1,685 Posts
Rear Fascia

When mine was damaged we ended up repairing the original after buying 3 others that were junk and not worth fixing. Good luck finding a good cover, I recommend repairing yours to avoid the hassles I had.
This is good advice worth considering, based on my experience as well with repaired plastic bumpers/fascias on other vehicles. The "refurbished" parts had been damaged much more severely than mine and not worth installing based on the extent or poor quality of the repair that had been done.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
Check with Bumperworks
03-06 Chevy SSR Rear Bumper Cover

Greyhound shipping 100 -150 to ship primered…
Good Luck....
Greyhound won't ship a rear bumper. I checked when I bought mine. The dimensions are too big. the thing is huge but weighs nothing. Had to have shipped freight, shrink wrapped on a oversize pallet and picked up at a local freight terminal. If you can find one within a reasonable drive go for it.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
With all the flood damaged and junked SSRs from Sandy, Harvey and Florence you would think there would be many good body parts available.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
I shipped several bumpers via Greyhound at $85 from Akron to Miami. No issue, however, you won’t get the insurance value above $200.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
I shipped several bumpers via Greyhound at $85 from Akron to Miami. No issue, however, you won’t get the insurance value above $200.
Rear Bumpers? Interesting..... When I gave the dimensions they replied it was too large.
Greg

Reactions: rust
1 - 17 of 17 Posts