Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,504 Posts
There was a couple guys over the years that made buckets with 59 Cadillac lights in those buckets. Very cool. I decided to go with Blue dots and a polished ring. I made them myself but really took a deep breath when I drilled the holes in them. There are no new ones around and the used ones are about $300 a piece to replace if you mess one up when drilling it or crack it. Happy hunting.

Click on image to enlarge.

Attachments

Reactions: Warrior=='06

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,504 Posts
You have two posts open for the same parts. It makes it difficult for folks to decide which one to answer. You might want to ask Bluestreak to consolidate them and fix the problem. Just an Idea.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,616 Posts
You have two posts open for the same parts. It makes it difficult for folks to decide which one to answer. You might want to ask Bluestreak to consolidate them and fix the problem. Just an Idea.
Done

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,475 Posts
BigBlur the housing part of the lights can be brittle so ask for good pictures. I found a set that had some scratches and when I got them they had been worked on and the housing on one was broke and I am gluing it back together. The silver inside was also flaking off so I am going to repaint that as well. Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigBlur the housing part of the lights can be brittle so ask for good pictures. I found a set that had some scratches and when I got them they had been worked on and the housing on one was broke and I am gluing it back together. The silver inside was also flaking off so I am going to repaint that as well. Good Luck in your search.
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
bigblur, in case you haven't noticed, this is not a politically correct forum. We are a bunch of crusty old farts who say what they think. Warrior simply stated that the words "custom" and "cheap" don't go together very well. You then responded with what we thought was a joke. He did the same. Then it got heated. You might want to take a step back and think about why we're here. It's to have some fun.
And you are correct. There are a bunch of us here who have no class and not much intelligence. I'm one of 'em! Hope you can deal with that as that's what keeps thing's cooking around here.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,058 Posts
They don't make the OEM Tail Lights anymore, sell for about $500 each, not Ebay price.

So Custom Taillights which were originally made by Lonnie, Sinister Customs are no more.

There may be some around but "Customizing" an OEM Taillight will be very expensive.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
They don't make the OEM Tail Lights anymore, sell for about $500 each, not Ebay price.

So Custom Taillights which were originally made by Lonnie, Sinister Customs are no more.

There may be some around but "Customizing" an OEM Taillight will be very expensive.

Dicktator

Dicktator
Talked to Lonnie about 6 months ago and he said he was going to start making some more buckets. He said at that time he had to many things going on but they were on his list. We shall see.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts