Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
631 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a small crack in my rt/rr taillight due to yard crew. I can't prove it but lens was perfect(both were as new) & I had just waxed them & truck was outside, discovered crack the next day walking up to the right rear of the truck.:cry: Thus I have looked and left and right show to be orderable on several GM Parts websites. GM Auto Center of Winston-Salem shows the left, part no: 15164419 at $202.10 and the right: 15164420 at $321.79. I've looked at several GM sources and none show no availability though none I found actually stock them. They usually say part is no longer available if that is the case. Actually ordering one might prove the unavailability to be true but I have not due to the cost. If the right was the price of the left I would order in a heartbeat!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a small crack in my rt/rr taillight due to yard crew. I can't prove it but lens was perfect(both were as new) & I had just waxed them & truck was outside, discovered crack the next day walking up to the right rear of the truck.:cry: Thus I have looked and left and right show to be orderable on several GM Parts websites. GM Auto Center of Winston-Salem shows the left, part no: 15164419 at $202.10 and the right: 15164420 at $321.79. I've looked at several GM sources and none show no availability though none I found actually stock them. They usually say part is no longer available if that is the case. Actually ordering one might prove the unavailability to be true but I have not due to the cost. If the right was the price of the left I would order in a heartbeat!!! :cool:
Try Parts Farm down in Lyons Ga. 3 hrs from you.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Thanks SWT RYD but I've looked at a number of used ones and have yet to see one that looked new. My small cracked one looks better than any used I have seen, and the left is literally new. I would want them to match so I keep up the search.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,411 Posts
Talked to Lonnie about 6 months ago and he said he was going to start making some more buckets. He said at that time he had to many things going on but they were on his list. We shall see.
Why are you waiting? Kaminari has had them for months, $295 for the buckets per pair. Came from Erics molds at MPD.
K016842 SSR 03-06 TAIL LAMP BUCKETS (EX MPD) FRP/PAIR | Kaminari

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Why are you waiting? Kaminari has had them for months, $295 for the buckets per pair. Came from Erics molds at MPD.
K016842 SSR 03-06 TAIL LAMP BUCKETS (EX MPD) FRP/PAIR | Kaminari

IMG_20200512_104337824_MP.jpg
IMG_20201016_174938561.jpg

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood
Mike you must have missed my posts, already have them installed last May.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,411 Posts
Well, if oldfatguy had not replied to a post that was over a year old I would not have read and replied to your post that was over a year old...... arggggggggggg

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
:unsure:
My usual routine had me mostly only perusing the General and Technical forum entries and then some off topic stuff. Just now reviewing these tail light posts. Swt R.........did you sell your "stock" tail lights and if so, would you mind sharing the price you hung on them?

Like you, I have the "buckets" and believe I have one of the very last sets made by MDF and/or the guy that passed away.......can't recall his name.

He sent them to me with '59 Cadillac LED lights all set up. I just had to get the buckets painted and then install them which I did a couple of years back. Now I'm working on cleaning out my garage and on one of my shelves is a dusty set of "stock" tail lights. I believe they are in A-1 condition.

Dictators posts suggest they are worth north of $500 a piece:oops: What say you???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Someone needs to bite the bullet & attempt to order a new one. If used are bringing this kind of price, www.gmpartsdirect.com as well as other sites show them to be available. Left is $202, right is $321 but far from $500 for used. Only way to tell is for a Fanatic that needs one badly enough to try to order. I need a right but not badly as mine is beautiful but has a tiny, non-leaking crack in the lens. I'd pay $202 if it were my left but it ain't bad enough for over $320 bucks with shipping though some of the GM dealers will pay the freight over a certain amount.
Please send $.02 if this works!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts