Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A young girl ran into the back of my SSR causing some damage to the rear. One exhaust tip is dented and one backup lens is broken. I"m looking to replace both of them.
I'm also looking for the top release cables that run from the hatch area to the back of the seats. Two of mine are broken and the other two are frayed. ( I'm receiving roof ajar alert )
If you don't have them but know where I can find them it would be helpful,
Thanks,
(OG) Oren

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe I remember reading in the Forum that the backup lenses are the same as a C5 Corvette & might be available at your Chevy dealer or online from one of the GM parts sources, there are a bunch. One with good pricing is I have found is: gmpartsdirect.com. They are in Winston Salem, NC and as light as a lens is shipping should be negligible.
Tuckerred

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,919 Posts
I believe I remember reading in the Forum that the backup lenses are the same as a C5 Corvette & might be available at your Chevy dealer or online from one of the GM parts sources, there are a bunch. One with good pricing is I have found is: gmpartsdirect.com. They are in Winston Salem, NC and as light as a lens is shipping should be negligible.
Tuckerred
You are right! I have one.

Dicktator

·
MY05SSR
514 Posts
OG
I have a guy that is installing a set of Mikes 5' tips next week. There is nothing wrong with the standard set on my R, just finally getting these on (I bought at Maggie Valley last year). You can have my old ones, just pay to ship from Georgia.
12Pack

·
Tech Support/Research
1,510 Posts
There are two different types of exhaust tips used on SSRs, one without resonator perforations and one with those perforations, which are visible when looking at the inside diameter of the exhaust tip. Which style is installed on your truck?

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I have a 2004 and the cables are OEM. Please tell me how I can pay and I will send you the money.
I have the exhaust outlets for an 06 they have the screen in the inside so you might want to replace both as I don't believe the 04 had the interior screen. If you do paypal, that will be fine. I won't be able to pack them up until Tuesday and I will let you know the price. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
@OG
I dug the exhaust tips out of storage, took pictures and sent a reply to your conversation a few days ago.
I have not heard back, please let me know if you are still interested or I will put them back in the basement SSR spare parts storage area.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OG
I have a guy that is installing a set of Mikes 5' tips next week. There is nothing wrong with the standard set on my R, just finally getting these on (I bought at Maggie Valley last year). You can have my old ones, just pay to ship from Georgia.
12Pack
I would love to have your tips. Please let me know how to pay you I use paypal but I will pay you however you would like.
Thanks,
(Oren) OG

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the exhaust outlets for an 06 they have the screen in the inside so you might want to replace both as I don't believe the 04 had the interior screen. If you do paypal, that will be fine. I won't be able to pack them up until Tuesday and I will let you know the price. Thanks
Mine are from an 04, if interested .
I'm interested in attaining the 04 exhaust tips. Let me know how to pay you.
Thanks,
Oren (OG) [email protected]

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Oren, I would suggest you send a Conversation to any of the members who responded to your requests. You had three offers for tail pipes within 8 hours of your posts but did not respond for two weeks. Then you post without saying who you are responding to and come back in 3 days and post twice more in an hour.

To post a Conversation go to the Green OG in the upper right corner of the page and click then click Start a conversation and enter the name of the member you are sending it to. It is pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited by Moderator)
Oren, I would suggest you send a Conversation to any of the members who responded to your requests. You had three offers for tail pipes within 8 hours of your posts but did not respond for two weeks. Then you post without saying who you are responding to and come back in 3 days and post twice more in an hour.

To post a Conversation go to the Green OG in the upper right corner of the page and click then click Start a conversation and enter the name of the member you are sending it to. It is pretty simple.
I just got out of the hospital, I had pneumonia and the flu and was not able to respond to anyone. I still need the exhaust tips for my 04 and I'm willing to pay anyone who will send them. I can be reached at: [email protected] or (239) 281-5521. I have paypal or will send a check.
Thanks,
(OG) Oren Guseman

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
I just got out of the hospital, I had pneumonia and the flu and was not able to respond to anyone. I still need the exhaust tips for my 04 and I'm willing to pay anyone who will send them. I can be reached at: [email protected] or (239) 281-5521. I have paypal or will send a check.
Thanks,
(OG) Oren Guseman
Oren,
Follow the doctors orders and get well. I am sorry that I was not in the loop but wish you the best in health and recovery.
I am sure someone Will contact you for information to get you the used tip.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Thanks,
(OG) Oren Guseman
Oren
Email sent

1 - 20 of 20 Posts