Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple engineering is sold out. Does anyone know if I can proceed with the corvette oil pan install? And do the cross member later. Changing the cam and have to drop the pan. So trying to do it all in one step. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,208 Posts
Simple engineering is sold out. Does anyone know if I can proceed with the corvette oil pan install? And do the cross member later. Changing the cam and have to drop the pan. So trying to do it all in one step. Thank you

The stock crossmember will not clear the corvette oil pan. The pictures will show the difference in the shape of the pans, and why the LC32 crossmember is needed for the additional height at the rear of the corvette pan.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts

I've heard it said that you can flip the stock cross member over and the pan will then fit. You might try that as a temporary solution, replacing it at a later date.

Reactions: Chicos80

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,337 Posts
The OEM brace is so----Micky Mouse you you just leave it OFF?!?!?

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
The OEM brace is so----Micky Mouse you you just leave it OFF?!?!?

Nick
Um, we're talking about the front cross member, not the x-brace that you might be thinking of. There's no leaving the cross member off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts