Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found today on the front of our SSR I'd like to replace...
The upper grill support panel (plastic) with the hardware, (behind the spear)
The Spear with the mounting hardware
Looking for good used uncracked parts at reasonable prices.
calook1967

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,300 Posts
I found mine was broken also at some point when I replaced my satin spear with a chrome one. I panicked and went on the search for a replacement and found one on Ebay. When I got it and I saw how much I had to take apart to replace it I put that project on the back burner. I looked at it as, it had made the 1800 mile drive from CA to St louis with no problem so a few more miles till I got around to fixing it wouldn't hurt. The bracket is part of the grill assembly and I ended up buying the entire grill assembly. I am not sure if you have to take the front bumper off or not but it didn't look like a 10 minute job that's for sure. I can't remember what I paid for it but shipping was not cheap either because it took a pretty big box. It has been a while sense I looked at it but I would look at maybe trying to make a repair on it first with some JB Weld and some aluminum strap behind the broken part first unless you are missing pieces.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input,
I did exactly that. On the back side of the spear I used JB weld 5 minute cure with some fiberglass cloth.
On the grill support I did attach temporarily with small zip ties to make sure it sits where it was designed.
Like I said I'm not frantic to find the parts, eventually I'd like it right. Our R is not a perfect one.
Thanks
Calook1967

1 - 3 of 3 Posts