Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DSTRSSR
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for the Right tonneau cover hinge part # 15791422
I was able to get a new left side hinge, but my source for the right side fell through:frown2: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly

·
#1 SidePipe Club
3,299 Posts
beaware ther are two different hinges

two different hinges

Reactions: KellyO

·
LKMURKY
449 Posts
Try Cleveland Pick a part
https://www.clevelandpap.com/
I do a driveby that way and fill the car with spare parts every time I visit my mother in law. Not cost effective to ship big items.
Call them on the phone or you can do a request from the website. Last time I went they weren't sure and took me out back to the land of the Dead SSR's and I picked what I liked. Got spare ashtrays, Glove box, Cupholder, Dash panels. Complete replacement Dash, trailer hitch door handles. Was ezy peazy. Discount for cash payment. Going back this fall.
LKMURKY

·
DSTRSSR
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are there two for the tonneau cover? I know there are two for the deck lid.
Yes there are 2. A Right which I need, part # 15791422 and the left which I already have a new one, which is part # 15791421 Tonneau cover (roof storage compartment cover).

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Hinge

Yes there are 2. A left which I need, part # 15791421 and the right which I already have a new one, which is part # 15791422 Tonneau cover (roof storage compartment cover).
I know that there are two hinges for the tonneau cover but JimBob indicated there we’re two different hinges. The deck lid has two different hinges depending on the year of the truck. I don’t believe there was any changes to the tonneau lid hinges and all years should be the same. Did JimBob mean the deck lid , not the tonneau cover? That was why I asked if there were two different hinges for the tonneau cover.. I know that some of the early SSR’s had problems with tonneau hinges being bent but did they change the design?

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,953 Posts
Dane aka oldxr just posted above he has a set.

PM him and get them QUICK! They are not easy to find.

As long as they are NOT off the first 03's up to 608, they are GOOD! GM changed hinge design after Vin# 608.

Guess I better explain: First roof cover hinges were weak and did NOT lift roof cover high enough to clear Bed Cover, it would drag, "stick" if you will.

Redesign on hinge lifted Roof Cover to clear Bed Cover and THEN retracted to allow roof storage.

Dicktator

1. This is not an 03 but you can see Roof Cover not clearing Bed Cover.
2. See space between Roof Cover and Bed Cover, this is correct.
3. Roof Cover "lifts" and then goes back.

Attachments

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,667 Posts
I am looking for the left tonneau cover hinge part # 15791421
I was able to get a new right side hinge, but my source for the left side fell through:frown2: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly
Would it be #15 in this diagram Kelly?

Attachments

·
DSTRSSR
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that there are two hinges for the tonneau cover but JimBob indicated there we’re two different hinges. The deck lid has two different hinges depending on the year of the truck. I don’t believe there was any changes to the tonneau lid hinges and all years should be the same. Did JimBob mean the deck lid , not the tonneau cover? That was why I asked if there were two different hinges for the tonneau cover.. I know that some of the early SSR’s had problems with tonneau hinges being bent but did they change the design?
Hi Shawn
Yes there was a change in the design of the hinges as Dick had said.
The early trucks bend easy
Kelly

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,667 Posts
I am looking for the left tonneau cover hinge part # 15791421
I was able to get a new right side hinge, but my source for the left side fell through:frown2: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly
"TEN-HUT...TEN-SHUN!" Troops move forward, and let's find this man a hinge!
:director::director::grouphug

·
DSTRSSR
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking for the Right tonneau cover hinge part # 15791422
I was able to get a new left side hinge, but my source for the right side fell through:frown2: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kelly
I had to edit my post after checking the part # of the one I was sent
it is the right side hinge that I am looking for, oldxr has a set of cargo compartment hinges not roof storage (tonneau) cover hinges

·
Dennis Foust
64 Posts
I recently replaced both of my hinges. My left (drivers) side hinge was bent. I believe that the right side hinge that I removed is good. PM me your contact info if you want to discuss.
Dennis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts