Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks that the SSR radio is bland, bland, bland? Heck, I think that one with some amount of retro influence is needed in the vehicle. Look at it! It simply is out of place. Doesn't fit the decor to me. So those of you that were happy with yours until I mentioned this - pardon me! It simply is homely. Don't want the flashy rice ride boxes. Maybe even an analog look of some type. We need an alternative. Somebody go invent one, hurry! :rant

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
The antenna needs a boost, anyone have an idea if there is something like that available? I really don't mind the style it kind of blends in. Go on Don rant all you want!:D Did you get those running boards on?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got 'em on there!

I really like them; I think the "oldtimers" such as myself like them because we can remember the old trucks with them. I used to ride on the boards and hold on to the door with the window rolled down as we left the field after hoeing peanuts and cotton all the live-long day. :nopity Sometime we got to go down to the river and "take a bath" before going on to supper (you folks call it dinner - which we ate when you say lunch.) We would roll in the sand on the banks after we got wet and this was our "soap." It did help clean off the dirt and debris of a hard day's work. And this was the "good ole days?" Sheesh!

R

·
0 Posts
radio and running boards

Just sold my running boards for $700. Hated having to step over them getting in and out. SO MUCH EASIER getting in and out without the running boards! Sure would have like to see a GPS/XM radio used in the SSR as my Escalade has. Plant told me that On Star (Big Deal-never used it) in the future but no talk of XM/GPS! You should be happy with the SSR radio. I had a new Crossfire a year ago and on a bright day, with sunglasses on you COULD NOT read the display of the stereo! Don't know what the engineers were thinking on the Crossfire Stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking at a Crossfire!

Can you give us the low-down on these cars. Did you own one? How long? Pluses and minuses, please!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts