Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U may want 2 chk the bolts on the Tonneau cvr. I noticed the gap was smaller on 1 side than the other. :confused Upon chkng I found that most of the bolts where loose!!! :nono This is a 2 or 3 person job 2 get the gap correct on both sides.

Also, I chk'd the roof assembly bolts n sum of them were loose as well. :nono This may b the reason sum of u r havin problems with the flap hitting the tonneau cvr n lockin up when puttin the roof down. :mad

I don't know if this was jus mine or a problem in general. :confused

Hope this helps. :seeya

:cool

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
ssr17of25 said:
U may want 2 chk the bolts on the Tonneau cvr. I noticed the gap was smaller on 1 side than the other. :confused Upon chkng I found that most of the bolts where loose!!! :nono This is a 2 or 3 person job 2 get the gap correct on both sides.

Also, I chk'd the roof assembly bolts n sum of them were loose as well. :nono This may b the reason sum of u r havin problems with the flap hitting the tonneau cvr n lockin up when puttin the roof down. :mad

I don't know if this was jus mine or a problem in general. :confused

Hope this helps. :seeya

I've noticed a couple of loose screws as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Speaking of loose screws...
Does anyone else have a squeaky/rattle/knock sound coming from where the top meets the windshield frame? Mine just started about 300 miles ago. The truck was very quiet for the first 1000 miles or so when the top was up, now it's very pronounced. The weather here has been showery so the top's been up more than usual and the noise is really starting to bug me.
I don't notice the sound when the tops down but then again with the road noise I might not be able to hear it anyway.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loose nuts....urrrr bolts

Hey any1 find anymore loose nuts n bolts? :rolleyes: :lol

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Well, I finally got around to checking all the accessable fasteners on the tonneau and roof assy this weekend. I checked every fastener in the roof storage well, a few that were accessable on the roof panels, and the bolts on the tonneau - all were good and snug.

Are you folks that have loose screws ( :lol ) removing the tonneau interior trim and the roof headliner to get to more fasteners??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts