Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the piece under the front of the truck that is shiny black plastic has worked its way loose are the plastic pins that hold it on gm only ..... must be a better way to hold this on has anyone else had this happen :skep

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
abadssr said:
the piece under the front of the truck that is shiny black plastic has worked its way loose are the plastic pins that hold it on gm only ..... must be a better way to hold this on has anyone else had this happen :skep
Any auto parts store should have what is commonly called xmas tree fasteners that should work.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,205 Posts
The pins are a standard GM kinda thing. You should be able to pull one out and get a replacement part at your local discount parts store. I've seen some similar at Kragen/Checker. They're pretty cheap, even at the dealership.

The plastic pins are there in case you hit a curb with the air dam. The pins will break or be extracted before the lower radiator support gives.

Mike

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
If you are talking about the air dam deflector, better take it off before you lose it completely about 90bucks to replace. Lost mine earlier this year. Hubby still hasn't made me a new one. Oh well gonna order that front spoiler anyways!!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,205 Posts
Odd Coincidence

Wildcat,

I'm headed to the plastic fab shop this afternoon to look at my redesign for that part. It's vacuum molded with an actual slight scoop to it and a pair of ears (bent forward at a 40 degree angle) that curve upward and forward to match up with the curve of the front fascia. This part will look like it belongs there. :thumbs

If it meets my design requirements and fits the way I want it to, I'll be posting photos here tonight. :thumbs

Oh by the way...... For your reference, the actual cost of the stock Air Dam is $72.34 from your local Chevrolet Dealer. :banghead

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
air dam

Mike in AZ said:
Wildcat,

I'm headed to the plastic fab shop this afternoon to look at my redesign for that part. It's vacuum molded with an actual slight scoop to it and a pair of ears (bent forward at a 40 degree angle) that curve upward and forward to match up with the curve of the front fascia. This part will look like it belongs there. :thumbs

If it meets my design requirements and fits the way I want it to, I'll be posting photos here tonight. :thumbs

Oh by the way...... For your reference, the actual cost of the stock Air Dam is $72.34 from your local Chevrolet Dealer. :banghead

Mike
looking forward to seeing some pictures of it i know i would be interested in one. burt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts