Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all from Russia, one of the few owners of SSR '04. This year for the first time there was a problem with the car - the sound of the radio disappeared. The radio itself works, but there is no sound. Like any normal person, I turned to the repair service of the radio. They took it all apart and found that all audio components are in working condition, but the amplifier is not receiving commands from the data bus that controls the position of the roof. They found the B1000 errors in the amplifier (not erasable), the U1000 error in the radio control unit (erased), the error in the door and roof control unit U1128 (erased). Since this car they saw for the first time in their lives, then they do not know what to do). And only then I realized that when you open and close the roof there is no signal "Ding Ding", that is, the roof works well, but when the cycle ends, there is no signal! Very sad.:crying: I enjoy reading your forum and found a lot of useful information, but on this issue I found nothing. I would be grateful for any hint!

·
Harefield SSR
148 Posts
Hi to all from Russia, one of the few owners of SSR '04. This year for the first time there was a problem with the car - the sound of the radio disappeared. The radio itself works, but there is no sound. Like any normal person, I turned to the repair service of the radio. They took it all apart and found that all audio components are in working condition, but the amplifier is not receiving commands from the data bus that controls the position of the roof. They found the B1000 errors in the amplifier (not erasable), the U1000 error in the radio control unit (erased), the error in the door and roof control unit U1128 (erased). Since this car they saw for the first time in their lives, then they do not know what to do). And only then I realized that when you open and close the roof there is no signal "Ding Ding", that is, the roof works well, but when the cycle ends, there is no signal! Very sad.:crying: I enjoy reading your forum and found a lot of useful information, but on this issue I found nothing. I would be grateful for any hint!
Hi RusSSR
I have the very same issue, thought at first the Radio was Mutted but then realised the Ding Ding also wasnt working.
A friend has checked output and radio is fine it apears to be Amp related
Did you manage to solve the problem???
Any pointers would be very much appricated
best regards
Mark

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,299 Posts
There is a separate fuse for the AMP -- I believe in the rear fuse box. I cannot check which one at this time.

The next step would be to check power and ground at the amp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts