Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at one of our two open houses this week, an out of control child with a chain went to town on my SSR. Lots of door dings for sure. Unfortunately :mad :mad , even though someone saw it, no one knows who they were so it will come out of my pocket. My SSR is going into the body shop Monday for roof repairs so I will have them work on the dings too, but it sure is a bummer....:-( :mad :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Ditto

Some people just can't stand to see someone else have something nice. Maybe if they got out and worked to buy something nice they would appreciate what other people have earned. Good luck on the fix.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am sure if Cruzned had caught him it would have been. iresponsiable parents raise iresponsiable children. I feel your pain. And what where those people who saw it happen thinking? They should have stopped the kid until the parents could be found. :confused

·
Registered
87 Posts
door dings

I personally think that this 'door ding' stuff should be punishable by public whipping!

I got my 1st in the left rear fender. This is just typical NJ. In 11 years in Texas we never got a mark on a car. It cost me $300 to have our Jaguar repaired after a shopping cart was pushed into it when it was parked in the far corner of the lot here in NJ last year.

The only reason I'm a free man is that I've never caught a person doing that kind of damage to a car..... But I guess if we retaliate, that makes us no better than they are. (But I sure would feel good for a few minutes....)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys/gals but I am over it. No big deal. Just material stuff, but....I sure hope that parents will raise respectful young people who will listen to their parents and know right from wrong. Damaging other's property...is wrong. :cuss

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news, I saved a lot of money on my car insurance today! :flag That's right, took her to the body shop, and the dent wizzard said that he could fully remove the five dents without any problem for under $75, so I cancelled the claim on my insurance. The body shop also gave me a new Silverado 4 X 4 pickup for the next few days (boy, that thing drives great too). It is so new, it only had six miles on it. My SSR should be ready for pick up by Thursday because they are also repairing the nicks from the bolts that scratched the top. That is all covered under warranty. MY next event will be airbrushing and painting the skulls and tribal graphics I posted earlier. I have decided to do it over thanksgiving so I can be there each day to supervise. I am giving Tamco Paint in Norfolk all my templates for the design so they can do it right. Can't wait to see that happen!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
dents

Ed,

I now have 16 noticable rock chips in the hood and rear fenders. Do you think your dent wizard could fix them all for $75? :lol :lol

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may want to check with "INtegrity". They come right to your place of work and do a great job. To paint is talking big $$$$$$$$$$. They can be touched up and you will notice it but most won't. To fix them perfectly you have to clear coat the entire affected area and that is pricey! Fortunately my dings were multiple dents and did not break paint. I still can't get over getting an "05" Silverado with only 6 miles on it for a rental! Too cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts