·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
Crudawg
Look at picture 6 carefully.
Left rear quarter panel behind door damaged. How did that bend without signs of direct impact?

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Crudawg
Left rear quarter panel behind door damaged. How did that bend without signs of direct impact?
LOL (pic 6)...right rear quarter panel!?!? :wink2:

Obvious to me how this happened...driver got out of the vehicle after the accident, looked at the damage, walked around the vehicle upset about what just happened and KICKED THAT EXACT SPOT (while screaming some expletive, no doubt)!!! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL (pic 6)...right rear quarter panel!?!? :wink2:

Obvious to me how this happened...driver got out of the vehicle after the accident, looked at the damage, walked around the vehicle upset about what just happened and KICKED THAT EXACT SPOT (while screaming some expletive, no doubt)!!! :laugh::laugh:
that is exactly the same answer I was going to type but you beat me to it.

I have the $$$ in my fun account but no desire to take on another car project at this time in life. If I bought that R it would be for the parts but I have no energy for that either....still temping at that price.

How much work is it to drop the LS2 into an '03-04?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yup... someone with the time, energy and space will do well with this. Even if they just part it out. In the detailed description, it does say, "make an offer". Hmmm....

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Crudawg
I may be blind but I think it is a reflection.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Thanks for the info... I just messaged them with n offer...

Maybe a winter project here in Canada... Who knows...

:black::black::black::banghead

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,449 Posts
If you blow up picture #10, definitely some sort of damage behind passenger door. At least that's what I see.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
if it was you would not see the edge of the door as much as you do imo.
I agree. I was looking at Left Rear Quarter panel, not the Right. I went by description posted verses the photo number stated.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,051 Posts
My 2 cents and we all know what that is worth. Looks like two routes to take.

1. Buy it and fix it. Problem with that is way too high of a starting price. With parts, labor and paint you will have way more in it then some nice SSR's that have been advertised here on the site with no damage. Plus you will have a branded title and difficulties with full coverage insurance and or a loan.
2. Buy it and part it out. Remember they want $5 short of $10,000 for it so you will have to make that back a $100 dollars here and $100 dollars there just to break even before making a profit not to mention all the work and shipping problems and expenses.

And for those reasons I pass.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,919 Posts
Would be an easy fixer if not for the side panel damage. That can be harder to repair than the front.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
There are better pictures on the full listing. The side is damages for sure as well as it looks like someone marked the front inner structure and frame with a white marker so it may have frame damage also. Auggie's 2 cents is spot on. Sadly it will probably end up parted out rather then fixed.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Thanks for the info... I just messaged them with n offer...

Maybe a winter project here in Canada... Who knows...

:black::black::black::banghead

After all my research and direct contact this is worth no more that $6000 - $7000 ..

:black::black::black::nopity

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
After all my research and direct contact this is worth no more that $6000 - $7000 ..

:black::black::black::nopity
I was worried for you unless you thought it would work for parts only
No idea on costs but at the end of the day you have a Salvage Title with 88k miles.
No idea if it has carpeted bed (bed worth about $800 - $1000 to sell)

Rebuild and drive it? In 2-3 years when over 100k miles and a Salvage Title one I imagine an owner would likely be asking about what the purchase price is today.

Curious why anyone (maybe a body man) would put money out for this when Fallen Angel has his clean titled overloaded SSR with 90k miles available at $19000

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/736599929/overview/

My opinion only, and please note I have no idea what the replacement parts will cost, but I see it as a PITA with very little recompense.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts