Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After monitoring this site for quite a few months, the thought has suddenly struck me that most of us are having quite a few problems with our SSR's, albeit mostly minor things. I guess I'm just lucky, but aside from the junk speakers in the doors, I have had zero trouble of any kind with my 2003 #369. I only have 2700+ miles on it and it has never been out in the rain, or even back to the dealer for anything. Maybe my time in the barrel is coming soon. Is there anyone else that has had this good luck (so far)? I probably just jinxed myself big time. :skep

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't really had any problems except for the person who rear ended me :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
Don't feel alone. I haven't had any problems with my truck either. The only problem I have had is the dent that I had to get fixed that my girlfriend had put in it. I have about the 2300 miles on it. And mine has been i the rain twice. Once when I had to take it to get second alarm put on it and the other time was recent. We were at church when it started raining. :) :seeya

·
Registered
110 Posts
the only problem i had was a mouse trying to set up residence. Got him and his baggage cleaned out and back to normal. they ended up in a spot that they could not get out of. I had to vacuume them out.

Top woprks, well, rear cover has no problems.

Of course i have the same issues they all have like the speakers, hard steering at low speed etc. All in all, works as promised.

about 4500 miles, never back to dealer.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Me too! I do have a VERY minor issue with the driver's side glass and weatherstrip - but other than that, everything else is just peachy! I even cranked the volume to check the door speakers - sounded fine to my son and I.

·
Registered
407 Posts
besides road damage (chips, scrathes, etc) I have not had a problem to date.

with all the threads on this site about other owners' issues I always seem to be waiting for something but so far so good.

bought mine last feb and have about 3500 miles.

i do wish the radio reception was better but damn i love this car!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
problems kick in

Maybe it's a wear issue. Mine was fine through the first 3000 - 4000 miles (except for the traction control switch malfunction - at under 1000) Mines a daily driver and I have about 7500 on it - roof problems starting to be a pain in the butt. Mostly 'cause the dealer doesn't have a whole lot of experience fixing it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Only Operator Error

Peaches,

I have had no problems to speak of. I have noted on this board a few things that temporarily concerned me, but they turned out to be me...not the SSR.

This weekend I saw my first near-three-digit weather and was surprised the A/C wasn't keeping me cold, even on fan speed 5 and the temp set to the coolest (blue). Then I realized I had not pushed the recirc button. I never got too hot, but with this small passenger area I thought I'd have to turn the air down...now I do.

It also seemed odd to me that the dimmer for the dash lights dims when turned clockwise and gets brighter counterclockwise. I think I have never seen a dimmer in any application that works backwards like this. I guess GM just wanted to be different.

Most people don't post on this site that things are fine. We are all more vocal about the negative and many here just want to warn the rest of us about problems before it's too late. I suspect many of us have few or no problems, but we have less reason to broadcast...well...nothing.

I hope the jinx doesn't hit everyone who replies on this thread.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My problems have been a good bit more than most, but then, mine was one of the first at #856. The top will probably often need adjustment in my opinion because it can shift from time to time, especially the way I drive! I love this vehicle more than any I have ever had and problems or not, I plan to keep her a good long while, regardless of what problems come up. I t is pretty normal for a first year run to have bugs and they have been easy to manage, except for the top problems. Fortunately I have a great dealer and mechanic who knows how to fix em right the first time! I can't say enough kind words about Priority Chevrolet!

Recent problems that will be corrected soon:
-Bolts on flipper door are making contact with top and have left two distince nicks in the top.
-Volume control switch on the steering wheel is being replaced because the paint was wearing off completely.

On another note, I saw a yellow SSR at Lowes today and they said they bought it at RK Chevrolet! They had the MSRP of almost 42K on it but forgot to add their usual markup. Since the salesman did not have a clue and told them that was the price of the vehicle, they got it for that! Pretty cool. :seeya

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought #3199 in Oklahoma City on February 6th, then sold one of my PT Cruisers on February 7th. The SSR has become my favorite vehicle that is used essentially in a daily routine of driving to my office, some restaurant for dinner, maybe a stop to shop, then back to the house.

I've also put it on the highway a few times, most recently a circuitous 3,600 mile round trip to Atlantic City ("topless" for over 1,000 of those miles). I only saw ONE other SSR throughout that trip, a silver one headed in the opposite direction in Virginia.

I added the Magellan GPS navigation system, XM Commander satellite radio, the K40 undetectable radar detector with sensors hidden in the front grill and rear bumper (it's already paid for itself!), and a Colgan carbon fiber bra. It now has over 12,000 miles on the odometer and the only problem I have experienced was caused by the bra . . . it protected the front end from bugs and road debris, but it gouged tiny pits in the paint on top of both front fenders during the 3,600 mile trip. Yep, that's my fault.

I haven't had any of the problems that I've read about on this site, but I do know what to look out for. Thanks to everyone for your input!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Same here

cwmorgan said:
I bought #3199 in Oklahoma City on February 6th, then sold one of my PT Cruisers on February 7th. The SSR has become my favorite vehicle that is used essentially in a daily routine of driving to my office, some restaurant for dinner, maybe a stop to shop, then back to the house.

I drove my PT Cruiser over to the dealer just to "finally check out the SSR" - the Cruiser never made it back to the house. But - if I didn't need the Blazer for a dog hauler, I'd be looking seriously at the Cruiser convertible - just for the SO (significant other) - the SSR is MINE!! :nono

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Houtex: My dog loved that PT! He is a very big chocolate lab but now resides in the mini cooper. I can't get him out of it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
With seven Cocker Spaniels, I had to keep one of my PT Cruisers for trips to the vet and groomer. Otherwise, I wanted to buy a pair of SSRs as I had done with the PTs. With only a two car garage, I can't protect three vehicles from the weather.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Troubles?

I started this thread about being virtually trouble-free, but I jinxed myself! This last weekend, I noticed the noise coming from the fan on 2nd speed only (just annoying, but getting louder), the door speakers getting worse, and now a place where the flipper door is rubbing the tonneau cover on the left side edge. I guess I'll have to get the hinges replaced, too.

When I popped the hood, it actually jumped up in the air. It was under tremendous "tension" (for lack of a better word), and also was difficult to close. Maybe it's just another adjustment?

I had left the truck sit in the sun at 100+ degrees for a short time (never have done this before), and when I tried to lower the top, it just sat there and "groaned" at me. Later on, in the shade it worked fine.

Never again will I brag about being "trouble-free"! Still super-fun, though! :nono

·
Registered
222 Posts
Troubles? Not 2 worry.

Peaches, Fret not!! :( Ur not the only 1, n all u write bout is fixable. :)

As far as the hood"popping up" goes...chk 2 c if mayb the support rod was not in the correct place. (Little white thingy rod holder). This cud cause the hood 2 pop up. :skep

Seems like all on this board r havin blower noise on 2nd level. Chevy knows n has a service bulletin on it as well as the new brackets. :yesnod :yesnod

Jus enjoy ur ride a drive like ur on a mission. :seeya

:cool

S

·
0 Posts
So Far so good

Although they were shipped in no particular vin order, mine is an early one. It was on one of the 1st transport trucks that left the plant. Mine is #285 and I have had no troubles of any kind. To be fair the top has spent much time up. It worked fine when it went down! ha ha.

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts