Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' with 1000 miles on it. When the truck gets warmed up, I get a constant "Tick" "Tick" "Tick" noise. There is about 3 seconds between each tick. Sounds like its coming from the back end. Its really loud! My buddy got in the truck for the first time I put the top down and its all I could here and he asked "Whats that noise?". When I stop the car and turn it off, it starts to go away as the car starts to cool down. Is anyone else getting this or know what the cause might be? Is it the exhaust?

Tom
LuckyPunk

·
OP
8,225 Posts
it will heal

The sound is the heat shield and exhaust. It is annoying, I have 4000 miles as of Saturday on mine and it is just beginning to subside some. Once the metal cures, it should quit altogether.
Now on some Chevy trucks, the heat shield had to be replaced to combat this, the SSR may be next, but right now there is not a TSB on it.
Turn up the radio for next few thousand miles...

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Ticking..Hmmmm

LuckyPunk said:
I have an 05' with 1000 miles on it. When the truck gets warmed up, I get a constant "Tick" "Tick" "Tick" noise. There is about 3 seconds between each tick. Sounds like its coming from the back end. Its really loud! My buddy got in the truck for the first time I put the top down and its all I could here and he asked "Whats that noise?". When I stop the car and turn it off, it starts to go away as the car starts to cool down. Is anyone else getting this or know what the cause might be? Is it the exhaust?

Tom
LuckyPunk
My first suspects would be some MOPAR terrorist group. :lol :lol :lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts