Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i love the attention i get in this roadster. i got plenty of thumbs up from drivers and alot of staring. alot of my friends freak out when they see me pop the bed cover with a remote and drop the top. when i go through my gate at my base, the guards always stop me to chat about my truck. they like to talk about the good old days or just the way it looks and drives.

the other morning, i went through jack in the box to get some food. the guy at the window loved my truck. he decided to upgrade my drink to super duper size for free. he asked me alot of questions while waiting on the food. pretty awesome! i wonder what else i can get for free. i plan on doing a small cruise through seattle soon (on the pier) to see who i can attract :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Free fish

wonder what else i can get for free. i plan on doing a small cruise through seattle soon (on the pier) to see who i can attract

Going fishiing for snapper? :leaving :jester

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
IronMedic said:
hey guys, i love the attention i get in this roadster. i got plenty of thumbs up from drivers and alot of staring. alot of my friends freak out when they see me pop the bed cover with a remote and drop the top. when i go through my gate at my base, the guards always stop me to chat about my truck. they like to talk about the good old days or just the way it looks and drives.

the other morning, i went through jack in the box to get some food. the guy at the window loved my truck. he decided to upgrade my drink to super duper size for free. he asked me alot of questions while waiting on the food. pretty awesome! i wonder what else i can get for free. i plan on doing a small cruise through seattle soon (on the pier) to see who i can attract :)
Today was a good day three your hot young girls in a convertiable worked hard to catch up to me on the freeway so they could holler how cool me and my truck are. That is always a ego booster for us just turned 48 year olds.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Zack said:
wonder what else i can get for free. i plan on doing a small cruise through seattle soon (on the pier) to see who i can attract

Going fishiing for snapper? :leaving :jester

:lol :lol :lol

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tonight, the gate guards at my base stopped me so they can chat with me. they remember me LOL! its funny! they asked me a ton of questions about the truck and wanted me to put on the show for them (drop the top). they were more impressed. one of the guys begged his wife to let him buy a brand new one thanks to me. LOL its loads of fun! i am turning 26 and i love the attention in this thing!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I actually wish there were more SSRs out there, so I'd get less attention on the road, and Chevy mechanics that were more experienced working on them and less likely to play with them, when I drop mine off for service!

For me, the joy is in the ride, not the number of turned heads. I know they're looking at the truck, not at me.

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
IronMedic said:
tonight, the gate guards at my base stopped me so they can chat with me. they remember me LOL! its funny! they asked me a ton of questions about the truck and wanted me to put on the show for them (drop the top). they were more impressed. one of the guys begged his wife to let him buy a brand new one thanks to me. LOL its loads of fun! i am turning 26 and i love the attention in this thing!
Sounds like you really, really like attention!!! SSR is what you need then. :cool

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah im an attention junky. sorry cant help it LOL! :D

i dont go all out to get attention, just get cars that can attract it easy

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
IronMedic said:
yeah im an attention junky. sorry cant help it LOL! :D

i dont go all out to get attention, just get cars that can attract it easy
Nothing wrong with that :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Attention

Be careful of the attention you might attract. It may be in the form of a blue uniform and highway cruiser.

·
Premium Member
31,877 Posts
I only seem to attract the road jerks. :(

I definitely notice a lot of worse driving behavior from the adjacent drivers when I'm in the SSR vs. when I'm driving my Silverado. Good thing it's got enough grunt I can simply drop down a gear and :seeya to them!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enjoy it!

We always get a lot of attention, too. Yea, it can be uncomfortable-and most of the time now, I don't even notice it (unless the top is down and some youngster yells out, "Nice ride!", which is always great to hear!). I know it's the truck making the heads turn...it isn't me, that's for sure!

Most of the comments are good...but there are always those folks who deliberately try to ruin a sunny day. I met a guy driving a little GM truck last week who shook his head and gave me a big thumbs down. I just smiled at him and drove on...no use stooping to his level.

Anyway, enjoy your ride-that's the main thing.

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Men....

They are not use to that kind of attention, so they will never understand! :lol

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D

got a few more waves again! man i really do feel lonely up here in WA! i see a yellow SSR driving around but the guy never waves at me when we drive by each other. kinda nice being one of a kind with this truck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
No offense to the older people here, but it's nice to see another mid-20's guy driving one of these. :)

There are the occaisional points on the road and some thumbs ups, but most of the attention I get comes at the fast food joints. Seems like every time the cashier will say something, ask questions, love the ride, etc. Really, I think the attention is what I love most too... there's a lot of cool cars out there, but very few that can turn heads like this one.

I'm glad it hasn't caught on. I loved the Nissan 350Z when it came out, and while I still love it, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one because there's so many on the road. I don't want to be just another car, where's the fun in that?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drz said:
No offense to the older people here, but it's nice to see another mid-20's guy driving one of these. :)

There are the occaisional points on the road and some thumbs ups, but most of the attention I get comes at the fast food joints. Seems like every time the cashier will say something, ask questions, love the ride, etc. Really, I think the attention is what I love most too... there's a lot of cool cars out there, but very few that can turn heads like this one.

I'm glad it hasn't caught on. I loved the Nissan 350Z when it came out, and while I still love it, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one because there's so many on the road. I don't want to be just another car, where's the fun in that?

awesome! another guy in the 20's that loves attention like me :) i guess we youngins are too much for u old guys :lol

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
IronMedic said:
awesome! another guy in the 20's that loves attention like me :) i guess we youngins are too much for u old guys :lol
Don't be so sure about that. :nono This old lady really enjoys the attention also. :lol :lol Just a fringe benefit of owning this cool truck :ssr

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"dont make me whip out the belt u young whippersnapper!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts