Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always been a fan of the Prowler and noticed on cars.com some low miles units for sale in the $18k area. I love my new 2011 Camaro SS vert but a man could have a low mile SSR and a Prowler in the garage for around the same money.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Been there - done that

They are a fun car to own and drive.
You think the SSR gets looks.
If you can get one for the right price and you have the room then go for it.

Just remember:
10 Gallons of gas (over 20 mpg though)
1 cup holder
Doors only open about 18", (no kidding) but this can easily be modified.
Trunk big enough to hold a blanket or suit bag
Run flat tires are like solid concrete so a weak bladder could be a problem.

Check the front shocks for leaking or bent springs.
Make sure it has not been in an accident and the aluminum frame damaged.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Where?

Never mind, i was looking on autotrader. Wow, you're right, two under $20k with less than 20k miles on cars.com, sweet and very tempting!

·
Premium Member
35,819 Posts
They have shown up around here in that price range. It is very tempting. We had a yellow 2000. Definitely not a daily driver or a long distance one with any comfort. Wow what a hoot, its a great looker!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
No thanks.

The Prowler is unique but I never had the urge to buy one mainly because it is even less practical than an SSR.

We have two seaters now and IF one of them should leave (which I doubt) it would be for a new Vette convertible.

We have too many "summer toys" and not enough time OR money to enjoy all of them.
Basically we have about 7 months of weather to enjoy the toys and that time has to be split between the two, two-seaters and the two wheelers.:)

·
Registered
522 Posts
While the Prowler cool factor is off the charts, from what I've heard if I could be shoehorned into it it would take a can opener to get me out.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
41,941 Posts
when I worked at Chrysler, I had a few opportunities to drive some Prowlers, neat cars, but not well thought out as far as larger framed peoples ... the way the doors open for one, the top windshield bar, storage ... unless you get the matching trailer, power, for the money ... they could have done something better in my book, and the front wheels .... you can't see the damn things !! lol , don't get me wrong I love the look of them, but for the money(new) not that well designed, as said before, great for a couple hour cruise, but not a long trip !!
The R is WAY better for all that !!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Always been a fan of the Prowler and noticed on cars.com some low miles units for sale in the $18k area. I love my new 2011 Camaro SS vert but a man could have a low mile SSR and a Prowler in the garage for around the same money.
I was interested in the yellow one for 19,500. BEWARE, IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts