Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if some of you have not been paying attention to your fuel guage while enjoying your SSR, you might run into the "Low On Fuel" message in your DIC. If you do, you might begin to wonder 'well, how much fuel DO I have?'

Well here is the answer:

You have enough fuel to go 39 more miles (well at least according to the fuel range display in your DIC). I have once looked at the miles left when it read 40 and then less than a minute later the "Low On Fuel" message came up. Once this message comes up you cannot tell what your range is anymore....which is why I'm writing this. Now if you're Kramer from Seinfeld, I guess you could tell us how much fuel we 'really' had.

·
Registered
2005 SSR
439 Posts
How would Kramer do that?

Siphon the remaining gas out into a sippie cup, then cut a straw to hold 20ccs. Then lift half a straw out of the sippie cup at a time. Multiply the number of straws times 10ccs, times the number of sippie cups. Then divide a gallon by the sippie cup and multiply the sum of the square root by the hypotenuse and add that to.....Poop!...... I got lost before I got to the mileage thing :leaving

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Seems to me, it comes on when there is about 5 gallons left.
At around 17mpg, that's 85miles. Yeah, that's about right. Maybe a little less.

I've often wondered if those setpoints were programmable?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kramer

Kramer would just drive until it ran out.......

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Kramer

looking4_an_ssr said:
Kramer would just drive until it ran out.......
Then, Sienfeld would show up and find himself staying with the car while, Kramer went off with some sexpot who also stopped. Somehow Kramer would parlay this into a night on the town, with Sienfeld left standing by the car.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump old thread...

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,149 Posts
I ran it down a couple times to see what was left when the bells went off. Both times it took just over 22 gal to fill the 25 gal tank. So on mine its about 3 gal left when the warning comes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts