Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying an '05 SSR and although I think the stock stance and appearance looks good, the few, very pics that I have seen of lowered SSR's look great. Black is the color of choice with a set of wheels. Anyone have an array of pics and info on going low. I have searched all of the past threads, any new pics of lowered SSR's? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
cfazekas said:
I am buying an '05 SSR and although I think the stock stance and appearance looks good, the few, very pics that I have seen of lowered SSR's look great. Black is the color of choice with a set of wheels. Anyone have an array of pics and info on going low. I have searched all of the past threads, any new pics of lowered SSR's? Thanks.

How's this?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Question

Ken,

Are those exhaust tips in front of the rear tire and tucked in the fender well? Awesome looking :ssr by the way!

My Best,

Rob

Ken Thurm said:
How's this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Ken

Correct me if I am wrong. You had to route the exhaust out before the axle due to how low it goes with the air ride suspension. The exhaust route over the axle is not possible when you let all the air out and drop it. I love all the work you have put into your SSR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
Ken

Correct me if I am wrong. You had to route the exhaust out before the axle due to how low it goes with the air ride suspension. The exhaust route over the axle is not possible when you let all the air out and drop it. I love all the work you have put into your SSR.
Yes, that is correct. Now the exhaust goes between the bed and frame. It almost looks like a set of headers in that area they twist and turn to get the exit in the right position.Thanks for the nice comments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Hi Ken

Truck looks great did you bag it ? and about the running borads did you buy them or did you mold them in yourself if you bought them I would like to know where . Thanks John Like your Truck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Awesome

Ken,

That looks just AWESOME :thumbs Actually the entire :ssr is to die for! You have done a wonderful and unique job with it!

Mr Best,

Rob


Ken Thurm said:
Here is how it looks.
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,825 Posts
...

Dam…. Ken in every picture of your garage or place of business, everything is spotless, clean and super neat. If I where to look inside your box of cherrios, you probable have them stacked in columns.

What other toys do you have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
where did you get the rear facia/bumper? The shaved door handles are great too.

If you go to the search button and look up runninboards( I know that isn't the correct spelling but I think that what it is under) there is all kind of info in there. Or search my posts it's there how this all came about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
REBEL said:
Dam…. Ken in every picture of your garage or place of business, everything is spotless, clean and super neat. If I where to look inside your box of cherrios, you probable have them stacked in columns.

What other toys do you have?
Thanks Ed, Did you ever see that movie Sleeping With the Enemy? Oh never mind, Here is a 32 roadster I am just finishing.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,926 Posts
Very nice Roadster, I have a 1932 Chevrolet Roadster Car and Pick-Up that need to be put together. All I have are brand new steel bodies that were reproduced by a company called ExperiMetal in the 80's. ExperiMtela gave up right after starting full scale production. One of these day I will get to put them together. I have been trying to find funding for tooling and start reproducing them once more.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top