Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
:rolleyes:

Very cool, but I have a bit of a doubt about his explanation for the early models of the LS1. Way back in the late 90's, I purchased at (a large streetrod event) at Pigeon Forge an LT1 out of a (rollover) either Camaro or Firebird. The guy told me it was a '97 model and the chalked info on the trans. case and other said ("97).

It was indeed an LT-1 and the "way" to tell a high performance LT1 out of a Vette (versus) a Camaro and/or Firebird is the routing of the fuel lines. On a Vette, the fuel lines exit to the right hand (passenger) side of the engine and then on back to the tank. On a Camaro and/or Firebird, the fuel lines exit on the drivers side.

I've always thought of my setup as having an LT1 ('97) version out of either a Camaro and/or Firebird rollover wreck.

Now this guy suggests that it was not until '98 that the LT1 was introduced into the Camaro/Firebird.............I call B.S.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
:rolleyes:

Very cool, but I have a bit of a doubt about his explanation for the early models of the LS1. Way back in the late 90's, I purchased at (a large streetrod event) at Pigeon Forge an LT1 out of a (rollover) either Camaro or Firebird. The guy told me it was a '97 model and the chalked info on the trans. case and other said ("97).

It was indeed an LT-1 and the "way" to tell a high performance LT1 out of a Vette (versus) a Camaro and/or Firebird is the routing of the fuel lines. On a Vette, the fuel lines exit to the right hand (passenger) side of the engine and then on back to the tank. On a Camaro and/or Firebird, the fuel lines exit on the drivers side.

I've always thought of my setup as having an LT1 ('97) version out of either a Camaro and/or Firebird rollover wreck.

Now this guy suggests that it was not until '98 that the LT1 was introduced into the Camaro/Firebird.............I call B.S.
I believe you may of mis-heard the gentleman. He only mentioned the LS1 being introduced into the Camaro/Firebird in '98 and that is correct. Prior to '98 it was the LT, Gen 2 series. Most of his info is correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts