Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Engine check light came on. Plugged in to OBD2 with basic scan tool and got PO 101 fault code. Mass or Volume Air Flow A circuit ranges / performance.

Can anyone tell me what the rate of air flow should be. How easy to clean ?

Any advice is appreciated over here.

Richard
Ireland SSR

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you using a KN oil air cleaner? Not a good idea to use. Minimal performance gain but cleaning more often. There is MAS MAF cleaner at any auto parts store. Remove MAS & or MAF from SSR so not to gum up intake & injectors.

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lady in Red

No, only got stock air filter fitted.
Was planing on taking out MAF part and giving a quick clean with air line,
Truck has approx 30,000. Miles on it. Weeeks can go by without running it, bit of garage queen ?

Thank for help
Richard

·
Tech Support/Research
1,702 Posts
DTC P0101 MAF Sensor

Richard:

It appears from the service manual that there is no direct value of airflow listed. Electrical signals are compared among various parameters related to the mass air flow, manifold absolute pressure, intake air temperature and barometric pressure when this DTC sets. Without a more sophisticated scanner you can check the throttle plate and MAF sensor for debris or deposits or evidence of water, check the wiring harness and all connectors and check for vacuum leaks.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,775 Posts
Richard:

It appears from the service manual that there is no direct value of airflow listed. Electrical signals are compared among various parameters related to the mass air flow, manifold absolute pressure, intake air temperature and barometric pressure when this DTC sets. Without a more sophisticated scanner you can check the throttle plate and MAF sensor for debris or deposits or evidence of water, check the wiring harness and all connectors and check for vacuum leaks.
I agree with Dan aka snowmucher. Jeremy removes screen as part of tune, make sure it is CLEAN!

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,435 Posts
If you clean the MAF, be very careful with those tiny wires. Don't try to manually clean by wiping them or they could easily break. Just spray. I learned the hard way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts