Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TIME CHANGED Maggie Valley 2019 Tech Lesson

Electrical Tech [email protected] Maggie Valley 2019 TIME AND DAY CHANGED
Tired of replacing electrical parts and crossing your fingers it will be fixed:puzzled:

I am here to help, I will be conducting a Technical Lesson during the Maggie Valley Rally 2019.

The goal of this lesson will be to help you increase your abilities to diagnosis electrical problems. If your current abilities are zero or even if you are proficient with a voltmeter, I am sure you will learn something! The tech lesson will be held in the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center on Friday May 17th from 3 - approx. 5 pm. Afterwards, I will provide additional time to demonstrate the procedures in the parking lot to anyone that needs assistance.

UPDATE Due to the cancellation of the car show the Tech lesson will now be held on Saturday May 18th 10:00 am - approx 12:00 noon.

Please let me know if this will effect your plans to attend, You only need to reply if there is a change

Example ---- "I can no longer attend, I will still be asleep! :sleep so, please remove me from the list!" :yawn:yawn:yawn

or better yet --- " This is great, I now have some free time and would really enjoy attending.,:banana Please add me to the list."

There will be two main topics.
1. Basic electrical testing including: fuses (05-06 fuse box failure testing), switches (ignition switch testing the easy way), relays (bench testing and circuit testing) and how to test for a bad ground. Open to ideas for other circuits or concerns, time permitting.​
2. Computer communication circuits (aka serial data lines that create the U codes) - Why we have them, different types, common types of failures and basic tests.​
Please let me know if you have a particular circuit or component you would like me to discuss. I will be happy to try and add this to my presentation or I will discuss how to apply these techniques to that circuit with you individually afterwards.

I will be bringing 2 sets of the following tools used in my presentation
Low voltage testlight
Autoranging Digital Multimeter
Homemade relay bench test adapter
Relay circuit tester for common GM relays​
These two sets will be donated to the auction/raffle at the end of the session.

NOTE: This should not conflict with any currently scheduled events. I AM SORRY TO SAY That the car show scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled - As I was told The Dealership is remodeling and does not have room on parking lot.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can be sure we can accommodate everyone. You may come and go as you see fit.

Attendees
On next post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Attendees

1. 12Pack
2. mtr317
3. ssroe
4. DeJul1987
5. cj071170
6. moscooter
7. Mr Bill
8. 46 chevy
9. Calook1967 (maybe 2) aka. Blured vision
10. Jackatg450 (2 - Paco and Jack) - No longer attending :(
11. Cool Blue
12. run faster
13. wolfpacker
14. yellow bear - No longer attending :(
15. yellow baby
16. cincy SSR
17. Gold Bow tie
18. Quest
19. Sarasotaspeeder
20. REG
21. Furykay
22. Gasmilford
23. ReggieSSRbcool
24. TBonz
25. LKMurky
26. CraneTrainer
27. Stiles Sport Roadster
28. mdcssr2
29. LittleWing
30. Old Fred
31. SSR Replay
32. MicDonna
33. Biker24
34. SSR Buzzard
35. Hot Rod Alley
36. Zoro 1947
37. HUAW

·
MY05SSR
601 Posts
Electrical Tech [email protected] Maggie Valley 2019
Tired of replacing electrical parts and crossing your fingers it will be fixed:puzzled:

I am here to help, I will be conducting a Technical Lesson during the Maggie Valley Rally 2019.

The goal of this lesson will be to help you increase your abilities to diagnosis electrical problems. If your current abilities are zero or even if you are proficient with a voltmeter, I am sure you will learn something! The tech lesson will be held in the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center on Friday May 17th from 3 - approx. 5 pm. Afterwards, I will provide additional time to demonstrate the procedures in the parking lot to anyone that needs assistance.

There will be two main topics.

1. Basic electrical testing including: fuses (05-06 fuse box failure testing), switches (ignition switch testing the easy way), relays (bench testing and circuit testing) and how to test for a bad ground. Open to ideas for other circuits or concerns, time permitting.​

2. Computer communication circuits (U codes) - Why we have them, different types, common types of failures and basic tests.​

Please let me know if you have a particular circuit or component you would like me to discuss. I will be happy to try and add this to my presentation or I will discuss how to apply these techniques to that circuit with you individually afterwards.

I will be bringing 2 sets of the following tools used in my presentation
Low voltage testlight
Digital Multimeter
Homemade relay bench test adapter
Relay circuit tester for common GM relays​
These two sets will be donated to the auction at the end of the session.

NOTE: This should not conflict with any currently scheduled events. Final arrangements for a tour are still being made, but I was assured we would be back at the hotel by about 2:30.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can be sure we can accommodate everyone. You may come and go as you see fit.

Attendees
Sign me up

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
It looks like we three from Georgia are the first to sign up! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Tech session.

Please add Paco and Jack.

Jack

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
You know I need it, especially if it includes relays.
Put Wolfpacker down.
And it will be nice to meet you, after all of the help you have provide to me and others.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
I plan on being there.... Any help you need ?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Attendance list updated 1/27

I plan on being there.... Any help you need ?
Thank you (and @wolfpacker via pm) for the offer. I will keep this in mind as I figure out details a little closer to the event.

At this point I am not sure what I will need to bring, set up and take down. I have the following if needed -- laptop, projector and even a smaller screen. I am hoping conference center has screen and projector - I will bring a projector from school for a backup!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I need the lesson to learn the uses for that multi-meter I won last year.
Count me in. I don't think Carol will join me.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts