Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YES I know it is a little early to talk about next year's rally.
Linda and I want to let you know that there WILL be another "RALLY IN THE VALLEY"!
It will be held at the "Laurel Park INN" as always. The dates are May 16-17-18 2019, the weekend after Mother Day & the Golden Spike Celebration.

For those of you that want to make reservations early. The Laurel Park Inn-has No Vacancies, everyone that had a room last year will have the same room next year. The Valley Inn across the street has rooms available at a good price. Call 828-926-1240 for reservations. Be sure you tell them you are with the SSR Fanatics If you receive a recording, Leave a message, the owner will call you back. We are still working on the room rate at the MV Convention Center.

When it was decided last year that we would keep the rally going, the response was very POSITIVE! Many people said that they love this rally because it is one that you can just sit around and visit, shop, go to Cherokee to gamble or go on a cruise. The options are all there, and as of now we do not have a set schedule except for the TRADITIONAL MEET AND GREET on Thursday the 16th With Pizza, Chicken and Margaritas. There may be other suggestions for that as well. We will have a Show & Shine on Saturday after a visit to the Retirement Home in the morning.
This is your chance to help us to make this your rally. We are open to all REASONABLE suggestions!!
We have received a couple of suggestion and offers to help all ready.

In the past Maggie has not posted this early. This is NOT a signup sheet just an informational post to clear up any confusion about NEXT YEAR'S rally, to get your input to make it as good as Gina has made it over the years.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is NOT a sign up sheet! It is just asking for REASONABLE suggestions, and to inform you of the dates!

Suggestions have been made for but set up yet for Friday morning..

Bridal Veil Falls: https://www.romanticasheville.com/bridal_veil_falls_highlands.htm

Tail of the Dragon: https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/tail-of-the-dragon/

Lunch at: https://www.cataloocheeranch.com/dining/

Thursday the 16th MEET & GREET with food and Margaritas.

Friday afternoon: Electrical Tech Session (presentation centered around electrical only.
Two main topics: basic diagnostics - in side and outside with some hands on demonstrations
Informative section on how multiplexing works and some quick tests

Saturday: Cruise by the Retirement Home in the morning, Show & Shine and Swap Meet are being planned.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,247 Posts
Thank you for this information. We also appreciate that it will be the week after Utah. Now I can make plans. I just may need to get an advance on my paycheck with two great events in the same month :grin2::grin2:

·
MY05SSR
600 Posts
YES I know it is a little early to talk about next year's rally.
Linda and I want to let you know that there WILL be another "RALLY IN THE VALLEY"!
It will be held at the "Laurel Park INN" as always. The dates are May 16-17-18 2019, the weekend after Mother Day & the Golden Spike Celebration.

When it was decided last year that we would keep the rally going, the response was very POSITIVE! Many people said that they love this rally because it is one that you can just sit around and visit, shop, go to Cherokee to gamble or go on a cruise. The options are all there, and as of now we do not have a set schedule except for the TRADITIONAL MEET AND GREET on Thursday the 16th With Pizza, Chicken and Margaritas. There may be other suggestions for that as well. This is your chance to help us to make this your rally. We are open to all REASONABLE suggestions!!
We have received a couple of suggestion and offers to help all ready.

In the past Maggie has not posted this early. This is NOT a signup sheet just an informational post to clear up any confusion about NEXT YEAR'S rally, to get your input to make it as good as Gina has made it over the years.
We would like to attend

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
Thanks, MICHAEL, I do like to have a schedule well in advance.
Certainly I plan to be there. And to the International in Branson in Oct.
If there's any way I can help, just call..

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Fred!

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Will there be any big changes in the program?

Thx for continuing a great event, Mike! - :smile2:

===============
David :black:
View attachment 534977
Probably not "Don't Monkey with another Monkey's Monkey" per Little David Wilkins, songwriter. It will be fun as usual. Maggie Valley 2019 ... "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" :smile2::smile2: :smile2: Michael & Linda wishing you the very best. tennesseecozydogs :ssr

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO major changes in the rally next year.
We have had a couple offers to lead a cruise
We might have a Tech session about electrical troubleshooting?
There is a possibility of a BAR B Q (not pulled pork) or picnic one afternoon?
Considering a Show & Shine at the Dealership?

I have gotten a few PM's and look forward to more ideas of how YOU want to spend the weekend. :grin2:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Mike, I am All for a "Troubleshooting Seminar" and NOT particularly a Hands on Tech Session. I think it will help take away the fear of checking for the "Simple" electrical fixes that we can all DO, without Blowing anything Up.... A few simple rules to follow and anyone can be Good to Go to maintain their trucks ....
BBQ or Sack Lunch.... I'm ready for a Cruise .... New is Good, Elaborate.... Not so Much..
I know that going into the 8th year is a milestone for events and stuff to do, but, "porch time" with friends is OK, too. We Old Coots need that to be Comfortable, too. We Love to Hang with ya'll and Spell with ya as well as Haul Azz & Burn Gas....
Big Thanks and Hugs to you and your Committee for taking on this task.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
If Any of Ya'll's FOR keeping this time..... "KISS"..... keepin' it simple.... please chime in here and give Mike & Linda, Beth, &, Beth & Mark something to Go On! Your input, and desires are what will help keep this Rally Going. Don't be afraid to throw something out there as, there are no "stupid questions".... (LoL, just stupid answers).... This Rally is "Yours".... All questions and suggestions are always welcomed ....

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thankx Yellow Bear, as it turns out the Maggie Valley committee consists of Linda, myself and anyone that wishes to chime in that would like to help.

Beth & Mark have gotten busy with their own endeavors.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts