Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This years 2019 Maggie Valley Rally is getting close, May 16-18. We missed last years Rally :frown2:, but looking forward to this years Rally!:grouphug

:black::smile2:

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since we are coming from Michigan. A few years back I lead a group of SSR's through the mountain pass into Maggie Valley! We will be spending Wednesday night in Corbin, KY. if you want to hook up?

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Since we are coming from Michigan. A few years back I lead a group of SSR's through the mountain pass into Maggie Valley! We will be spending Wednesday night in Corbin, KY. if you want to hook up?

Corbin, Kentucky ... Isn't that the Birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken ???

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts

SORRY, We will be passing though Corbin KY on Wednesday afternoon. We are leaving Columbus Ohio Wednesday morning and plan to arrive in Maggie Valley for Dinner. Maggie Galley in Waynesville has a $0.75 oyster special on Wednesday nights, Marie is looking forward to eating there again.

Looking forward to seeing everyone -- have a safe journey.

Sometimes getting there is half the fun.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Linda says that oysters sounds good to her! Give me a call about a half hour before you get there and we will meet you for dinner!
The more the merrier.
Just glad to hear the two of you are up for the trip.

We will call after we arrive in Maggie Valley. Plan to check in and get unpacked before dinner.Staying at the conference center. Hopefully head for dinner about 6-7.
No reservations accepted according to website. There was no waiting last year about that time.

https://maggiesgalley.com/

Anybody else, we could plan a departure time.

EDIT. They will take reservations for 10 or more on Wednesdays, if room is available.

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This years 2019 Maggie Valley Rally is getting close, May 16-18. We missed last years Rally :frown2:, but looking forward to this years Rally!:grouphug

Don't forget the swap meet on Saturday! If you need something for your SSR or SSR die cast collection post it here and maybe someone will bring it?

:black: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
We are leaving Crown Point,In 46307 North West Indiana on Tues Morning for Maggy Valley..... We'll be in our

SuperChargeYellow 04 going down I65.......No plans as to where we might stop, just "What Ever" is how we like to travel.

This will be our Third time to try to get to Maggy Valley, So this is also our 'First Time'~ The other one was 50 + years ago.

Hope to see some of our "Like Minded' Folks who Drive these SSR's on the way!

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Biltmore Hotel

The Biltmore Hotel in nearby Ashville, NC is a must see if you have never been there!
Go to, www.biltmore.com If you go, don't forget to visit the wine tasting building out back too.

·
MY05SSR
540 Posts
Autoprof and ssroe
Debbie and I will be there around 4:00 on Wednesday and we would like to join for dinner. We're staying at conference center also. Never been there and I love oysters

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Autoprof and ssroe
Debbie and I will be there around 4:00 on Wednesday and we would like to join for dinner. We're staying at conference center also. Never been there and I love oysters
Looking forward to it.
For anybody wondering
These are oysters from the ocean, not Smokey mountain oysters which are similar to Chevy Chase's favorite "Rocky Mountain oysters"

Anybody else want to join us?

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Getting anxious to hit the road tomorrow, Wednesday! :black:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts