Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Rally has been MODIFIED for those that wish to attend!
Five min. after we posted the cancellation notice we received a call from the owner of the The Valley INN.
Andy tells us that his and some other motels will be open as of this weekend. Today we were told that the Convention Center will be open beginning Saturday, and if you wish to keep your reservations to call and confirm them.
Linda and I still plan to be there the 13th through the weekend. If by chance you still wish to attend there are rooms available at the The VALLEY INN
Contacted the Laurel Park Inn, they are going to be open, the pavilion will be closed.
The Convention Center restaurant will be closed for the use of a banquet, but will be open for take out.
We will Grill Out, order Pizza and caravan to drive throughs. We are checking on the availability a food truck.
We understand your apprehension/fear and know many will not attend. There have been those that are determined to attend.
If you plan to attend please sign up again HERE!!
More information as it develops!

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just spoke to the owners of the Laurel Park in your reservation are solid You might want to call The Valley in across the street rates may be cheaper and we will all be together
(828)9261240

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I just spoke to the owners of the Laurel Park in your reservation are solid You might want to call The Valley in across the street rates may be cheaper with less restrictions
(828)7346600

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
What restrictions are you referring to? I think all motels are supposed to be following social distancing rules. At least I would hope so. I know she has worked with you and now your trying to encourage people to cancel at a hard time like this. Really?

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The owner said this morning that she will be watching CLOSELY to make sure everyone complies, we believe we don't need to be policed.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Wow, I count 5 threads on this topic now. Kinda confusing. If this is the one you wish to use you might consider putting a link on the other threads to help people find this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings! We are not sure if any of our clan is coming yet. Tim (Studmuffin) has to be to work on 18th, but kicker is he may have to be quartenteened for 2 weeks when we get back! We had told you all 5 of us would be coming. As now we're not sure if it would be Tim n I or none of us, or four of us just for a long day trip! Lot depends on what happens with this virus n all the rules it's causing. Sorry, I'll let know as soon as we are sure what were doing! Please keep posting what's happening so we can make the best informed decision. Thanks for all the work you have put into this!

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
Five min. after we posted the cancellation notice we received a call from the owner of the The Valley INN.
Andy tells us that his and some other motels will be open as of this weekend. Today we were told that the Convention Center will be open beginning Saturday, and if you wish to keep your reservations to call and confirm them.
Linda and I still plan to be there the 13th through the weekend. If by chance you still wish to attend there are rooms available at the The VALLEY INN
Contacted the Laurel Park Inn, they are going to be open, the pavilion will be closed.
The Convention Center restaurant will be closed for the use of a banquet, but will be open for take out.
We will Grill Out, order Pizza and caravan to drive throughs. We are checking on the availability a food truck.
We understand your apprehension/fear and know many will not attend. There have been those that are determined to attend.
I, 10 uh C cozydog/Bob Alexander WILL be there ... coming in Friday morning, maybe Thursday night !!! 🇺🇲 :)🇺🇲:)🇺🇲

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Hey everyone, Mike has had enough on his plate don't make things harder by telling him your not going he needs to know if YOU ARE. Also if you had reservations and aren't going I suggest you cancel them. Again that's not Mike's responsibility to cancel. My .02 .

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hi Mike

Looks like Patricia and I aren’t going to be able to attend the Rally this year not Because of the CV-19 but due to get the flooring installed in my house we ordered all the flooring back in March and the only time the installers can work us in is the week of 12 – 15 may I think they called it back log. we sure hate missing the Rally this year so drink a cold one for Patricia and I.

If you would or will use some of the money I paid for the buffet and ship my banner and T-shirts to me and take the rest and use for the cook-out, Pizza, Beer for the ones that show up.

Thanks Richard & Patricia / Legend Lime

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only 2 members have confirmed attending, If we don't hear from more soon it won't be worth the trip for them?

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
1. tennesseecozydog ... I plan to attend !!!

·
LKMURKY
446 Posts
Gonna miss you Jimmy . . .
I believe we cancelled reservations yesterday, as there was no news. Made expanded alternative plans at the beach we were already at.
I will Check with Jeri to see what can be undone.
Cary & Jeri Palmer
LKMURKY
Captain Red in our Aqua Blur.

·
LKMURKY
446 Posts
Gonna miss you Jimmy . . .
I believe we cancelled reservations yesterday, as there was no news. Made expanded alternative plans at the beach we were already at.
I will Check with Jeri to see what can be undone.
Cary & Jeri Palmer
LKMURKY
Captain Red in our Aqua Blur.
Update: We are going to try to go back to Plan A & get there Friday Night as planned, We are booked at Crafty Beths, Guess I'ts time to put some gas in the truck.
Cary & Jeri

1 - 20 of 93 Posts