Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,987 Posts
Wish I were going to be there, but just too many variables for the time and miles. Y'all have fun! Catch you down the road.

·
Georgia SSRers
982 Posts
I can social distance in my room or on my R. Either way I'm getting out of this house this weekend, and if I can roadtrip to see just a couple of you guys it's worth it! View attachment 579095
LOVE THE spitfire on the wall. and the UGLY STICK in the foreground.. I flew all them many years ago, before my depth perception went. Glad to see U haven't gone all electric.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
"Should" is the operative word in your statement. And while I can understand your perspective ( I watched your video ) the reality is that we are in this "new normal". I don't like it either. We just have to deal with it for the time being and do our best to pick up the pieces on the other side.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I can social distance in my room or on my R. Either way I'm getting out of this house this weekend, and if I can roadtrip to see just a couple of you guys it's worth it! View attachment 579095
Lonebone, hope to see you sometime Friday a m. Gonna' try to leave by 4 a m (5 a m Maggie time) hope get there around 10 a m Maggie time (EDT). Might leave earlier if I wake up earlier. tennesseecozydog ... Bob Alexander 04 Slingshot "Yeller" 138,000 miles !!! 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Lonebone, hope to see you sometime Friday a m. Gonna' try to leave by 4 a m (5 a m Maggie time) hope get there around 10 a m Maggie time (EDT). Might leave earlier if I wake up earlier. tennesseecozydog ... Bob Alexander 04 Slingshot "Yeller" 138,000 miles !!!
I was on vacation with my wife in Maggie, maybe it was 2008, going to the golf resort I saw my 1st R. I said then that I would own one, didnt buy mine till last June so I missed Maggie last year, so for me this one is special!!!

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I was on vacation with my wife in Maggie, maybe it was 2008, going to the golf resort I saw my 1st R. I said then that I would own one, didnt buy mine till last June so I missed Maggie last year, so for me this one is special!!!
It is always a fun 2 or 3 days ... too bad Covid 19 screwed it up this year. I'm so damn lonely and bored ... I'm going !!! Cozydog (same as a Corn Dog only better ... sold at the Cozydog Drive In, in Springfield, Illinois) 10 a See cozydog. 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
I'd like to swing by on Friday (the majority of the day) since I'm about 1 3/4 hrs. away. However, since other commitments have surfaced for the weekend, I can only visit for the day.
I would love to meet any and all Fanatics who arrive during that time!
The feelings mutual ... would like to meet you too !!! :) :) :) :) :)

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Still arriving on Thursday, even if we just sit around all weekend and visit!!

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
We have decided not to attend this year with Chris's health problems it's best not to take a chance. I am bummed this will be the first Maggie Valley rally we missed since I bought my SSR in 2014

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
We’re going to leave Knoxville Friday morning about 8:00 should be there about 11ish. Wondering where everyone is planning to hang out? We probably are staying for the day only. Fred

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
352nd markings on the P-51. 487th HO. I am not sure the tail markings but I will look it up.

I like your plane. I always wanted a real one or a P-38.

Dave

41 - 60 of 93 Posts