Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Blue Angel
627 Posts
Hey ya'll it's the first night of the fabulous Maggie Valley Rally. I am extremely disappointed to not be there. But true to my effort to make the best of it I am offering a

Welcome to Maggie Valley, Maine instead!!

Show us where your Maggie Valley is!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Does anyone know who did the music for the Route 19 Inn video on their website. Great music, very good pickin on the Acoustic guitar, and a Dobro.
Dennis

·
Spirited driver!
1,232 Posts
Thanks Dwight, I tried to use the @craftybeth and it doesn't come up on my list to highlight, so I didn't know if she was still a member. We will stop to see her when we get in that area in June. If she doesn't respond here I will try to get some pictures of the motel and her Maroon SSR!
You mean this one??

Stop by and visit the her store for lots of hand-crafted items. She is open according to this newspaper article:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,021 Posts
So sorry things just couldn't get back to normal in time Mike and Linda...
I'm just beginning to understand just how much work, time and your own money it takes to put on a Rally. Still trying to make the 2021 International Rally happen for all of us...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
So sorry things just couldn't get back to normal in time Mike and Linda...
I'm just beginning to understand just how much work, time and your own money it takes to put on a Rally. Still trying to make the 2021 International Rally happen for all of us...
That is so true on both statements.
This virus screwed up almost everything.
And the time and energy it takes to put together an event is a true labor of love.

·
Blue Angel
627 Posts
Good Morning MV,
I hope it was a great time for those that attended. If I was there I would have been on the road headed for home for 4 hours already. I would probably be around or past Roanoke VA. Not that I am thinking about you or wondering what you all have been up to...

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
We had a total of 8 SSR's in attendance at the 15th Anniversary of Rally in the Valley
Gary G
Lonebone
Garris1
Rockytop
PeteL
TNJOE
Tennesseecozydog
SSROE
The pavilion at LPI was closed, and the owners wanted us to stay apart from each other in front of our rooms,.so we all stayed at The Valley INN
Andy the owner had a load of firewood delivered that week just for us because we had almost filled all the rooms. He was very happy that we had as many people as did.
If anyone would like to make reservations for next year the at The Valley INN Andy is ready to assign you a room now.

Thursday: Meet & Great was the usual Papa John's Pizza at the Gazebo by the river behind the motel, then visit around the Campfire.

Friday: Linda made Breakfast for everyone, Gary G, Lonebone, and Garrs1 Cruised to Bridle Veil Falls, that evening we cruised to Dinner at Papa's & Beer, where we Tailgated in the parking lot. Then ended the evening Visiting around the Campfire next to the river

Saturday: Linda made Breakfast for everyone, we Cruised to Chimney Rock. That evening we Picked up Dinner from Brick House Burgers returned to the Gazebo to eat, and again another Campfire and another Great evening
The weather was perfect with a slight breeze all weekend.
Linda and I hope all of our family is Well and Safe! We had a great time and all of you were missed. If it helps we talked about a lot of you and reminisced about other rallies and the friends that we all missed not being there.
The only pictures I took were of tailgating Friday night. I someone else did.

0.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 20200515_184636.jpg 10.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Michael,
Thanks so much for organizing all of this.
Also , hats off to Linda for the great breakfast!
Even though the numbers in attendance weren’t high, we all enjoyed the time when we were there!
Once again, I’ve added a list of new SSR Fanatic friends & hope to see everyone soon, in the near future!

...until next time!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well, weather wise, your timing was great. Looks like that part of the country is getting pretty soggy right now. Can't believe hurricane season is starting so early.

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
530 Posts
61 - 80 of 93 Posts