Chevy SSR Forum banner

Maggie Valley 2020 UPDATED RALLY INFORMATION

16K views 92 replies 33 participants last post by  Firetruck 
#1 · (Edited)
The Rally has been MODIFIED for those that wish to attend!
Five min. after we posted the cancellation notice we received a call from the owner of the The Valley INN.
Andy tells us that his and some other motels will be open as of this weekend. Today we were told that the Convention Center will be open beginning Saturday, and if you wish to keep your reservations to call and confirm them.
Linda and I still plan to be there the 13th through the weekend. If by chance you still wish to attend there are rooms available at the The VALLEY INN
Contacted the Laurel Park Inn, they are going to be open, the pavilion will be closed.
The Convention Center restaurant will be closed for the use of a banquet, but will be open for take out.
We will Grill Out, order Pizza and caravan to drive throughs. We are checking on the availability a food truck.
We understand your apprehension/fear and know many will not attend. There have been those that are determined to attend.
If you plan to attend please sign up again HERE!!
More information as it develops!

#80 · (Edited)
#83 ·
It looks like there are others out and about.

I am glad everyone had a great time. We will be deciding in a week whether to take our National Park tout. They are not open fully yet, so I am doubting it. I guess we will pay for our cabins but enjoy then from home.

Dave
If the parks are open enough to get to the paid-for cabins, I'd go. Our recent experience at MV is that traffic is way down so crowding and touring is much less of a problem. But of course many places are closed or have limited capacity so... :unsure:

#84 · (Edited)
More pictures of the Maggie Valley Rally.

The R's are ready for inspection Friday morning. :giggle:

@Garris1 and @ssroe must be discussing the merits and functionality of those new and unique fender skirts, dontchya think? :rolleyes:

There's always a tech session with the collective expertise of @tennesseecozydog , @Lonebone , @Gary G , and @PeteL, a tour de force together in one place.

Some more pictures at Bridal Veil Falls.
From underneath.

Photo of the trucks through the falls. Are @Gary G and @Lonebone trying figure out which yellow R is whose? :unsure:

@Lonebone , @Garris1 , @Gary G 's trucks. Are they really filling up the beds? o_O

And then a terrific rally put on by @ssroe and mrs. Linda @ssroe was in the past. 😒 But there'll be next year and we're already signed up. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.