Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
689 Posts
Kenn:
...I've had enough fun finding 4 broken chrome rims for my SSRs.
Looking for a Restomod so the Components will be more modern, I don't it want in the garage Hiding Like Joe Biden.
Will drive it until they pry my hands off the steering wheel.
I'm still looking.
Cary
LKMURKY
enough fun finding 4 broken chrome rims for my SSRs
You've had trouble with finding broken rims or with rims breaking? If the latter, I haven't heard of that problem. How does it happen?

I sure understand about restomod components. Not having them was one of the many reasons I sold my '75 L82 convertible. It became my SSR.

See ya at MV.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I really like the Rally T Shirts and like to support the rallies, but unfortunely with my wattle when I wear one I look like a turkey gobbler. I have thought getting it fixed but then I would be classed as a restromod, not a true survivor, and as Wayne C says,"You can only be a true survivor once."

Jack

·
LKMURKY
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You've had trouble with finding broken rims or with rims breaking? If the latter, I haven't heard of that problem. How does it happen?

I sure understand about restomod components. Not having them was one of the many reasons I sold my '75 L82 convertible. It became my SSR.

See ya at MV.
I have broken 4 rims. 6 flat tires. I have Mikes spare kit, great invention, but it won't help when you hit some invisible road crud and take out two tires and rims at the same time. I hit a two by four in the road at night 4 years ago in the yellow R: two simultaneous flats. Hit a piece of broken concrete two years ago in the Yellow R again, that killed two tires and rims. R sat for 9 weeks with Geico finding me Chrome rims. I found them. Hit "I have no idea" this winter in the dark and killed two rims and two tires. Searched the roadside for a couple days to see what it might have been, never found anything. 6 weeks to find Chrome wheels. Makes me paranoid. All the rims happened in the same 100 yard stretch of road in front of Chik Fil-A one of the busiest intersections in the city, at 35 mph or less. I don't get it. These days I'd put my spare Silverado SS rims on it and keep going. Still makes me nuts.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts