Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to thank everyone for 12 wonderful years of the Maggie Valley Rally. This year will be # 13. After a lot of thinking Danny & I have decided that this will be the last year we will have the rally. We have had a lot of help over the years putting the rally on and we really appreciate it. We could not have done it without that help. The motel is for sale (and has been for awhile, Its not sold and is not under contract so this has nothing to do with that) Were just getting old and tired!!! We wanted to announce this for two reasons.

1. We wont be needing any donations for a raffle because the money wont be needed to pay for the pizza party and other rally expenses next year. (We can still do a 50/50 and split it between two lucky winners)

2. This is a good time of year to have a rally weather wise in a lot of places. This will allow someone else to take this time slot and start planning.

Its sad to end this but its best for us.:frown2: Danny works full time and I run the motel and its time for us to lighten our load. I hope everyone understands. We will leave the light on for you, were still here if anyone is passing through in the future.

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,239 Posts
Thank you for all your hard work and all the wonderful memories you have provided for so many of us!!!

It is understandable that you are wanting to take time for yourselves.

I hope that we will see you at other rallies.

God bless and once again, thanks for the memories.

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Thank You Gina & Danny, you all deserve a front row seat in Heaven for all the hard work you & Danny have put in the past 13 years. "It's Been a Great Ride" been to 4 or 5 "Rally's in the Valley" back in the day and really enjoyed them, especially the Nursing Home Cruise and the Lunch Cruise up the Mountain. Also really enjoyed the scenery and Historic Waynesville.

Wishing you all the very best. Have a great year and most of all have fun and be safe in your travels. tennesseecozydog Bob & Jan Alexander Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

:smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Yes, Littlewing put it best "Thanks for the Memories !!!

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Thank you for all you and Danny have done over the years Maggie Valley was the first SSR rally my wife and I attended when I bought my SSR in 2014. I hate to see it come to an end so I guess we will have to make this the best one yet

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,572 Posts
I have only been able to attend one Maggie Valley Rally but it was with my Dad and will be a memory I will always hold dear to my heart! Sure wish I could attend this one as it is now going to be the last one but my retirement has not yet started...

Thank you so much Gina, Danny and ALL those who made Maggie such a great Rally!
:blue::silver::blur::ssr:purple::black::yellow:

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
We absolutely understand your reasons for this decision. But we will greatly miss this rally. It was our first introduction into the SSR family and will forever hold the top spot in our rally memories.

Thank you SO MUCH for becoming our friends.

Mike and Melinda

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
Gina and Danny thanks for the Maggie Valley memories! Karen and I always had a great time and looked forward to our visit to the Valley every year!
We would of never of visited the Valley and met such great SSR Fanatics if it was not for the Chevy SSR too.

Thanks again,
:black: :smile2:

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
We all need to do things that fit our life styles as the years go by. Being an event holder in the past. I do very much understand your view today. This rally holds many wonderful times for me that I have and will always cherish. Your dedication over the years is greatly appreciated by all. :grouphug

Thank You so much for the wonderful friendship and love over the years!
:ssr:blur::blue::silver::purple::black::yellow:

See ya soon in the Valley for the last one but not the last time I'll see you!

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
As Bob Hope would say Thanks for the Memories!!! Thank you Gina and Danny for providing the SSr family a place to gather our vehicles and to enjoy the company of each other. Your Maggie Valley rally has always been at the top of the list of rallies to attend for the year. And yes we are very sad but we are also very glad for you and Danny!!! Thanks for all your years of hard work that you have done to make this SSr family such a great group to be part of!!!:grouphug

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
We all need to do things that fit our life styles as the years go by. Being an event holder in the past. I do very much understand your view today. This rally holds many wonderful times for me that I have and will always cherish. Your dedication over the years is greatly appreciated by all. :grouphug

Thank You so much for the wonderful friendship and love over the years!
:ssr:blur::blue::silver::purple::black::yellow:

See ya soon in the Valley for the last one but not the last time I'll see you!
Very well said HotRodGirl and Aqua2005. I know Gina & Danny really appreciate your kind words. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Maggie Valley Rally Closing

EVERY THING MUSE COME TO AN END. YOU AND DANNY WILL ALWAYS HAVE STAY IN TRESSA AND KAY's HEART !!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Gina & Danny, Kim & I thank Y’all for Twelve years of friendship and great memories. We missed “year one” but have been Blessed to enjoy all the others. Hate to see your Maggie Valley SSR Rally’s come to an end but understand where you both are coming from and going to. Reflecting back over the past 12 years, some are no longer around, some have passed away, some no longer are affiliated or own SSR’s and many remain in our lives and will be lifelong friends...

Once more Thank You Gina & Danny,

SSRHEARTBEAT’s

David & Kim Gilmer

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I share the sentiments of others, I am looking forward to this years rally even more now. This will be the second SSR rally I ever attended and I will miss the opportunity that you and you helpers have put together am I sad but I understand completely. As others have said "Thanks for the memories!"

Is there a way that the 50/50 ticket numbers might be used to give away raffle prizes --- I already purchased some electrical test equipment items that I want another fanatic to have (i have this equipment already)

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,770 Posts
This is the end of an era! We enjoyed this rally most because we got to meet so many member while collecting for the 50/50. This was our first rally but not our last, I'll wait 10 days to say THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts