Chevy SSR Forum banner

Maggie Valley was wonderful!

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Cruzrr66 
#1 ·
I cannot say enough good things about the SSRFanatic family. Lisa & I had such a wonderful time meeting you all and spending time with several of you. I only wish my memory for names was better but I can promise I never forget a face. And my lucky cowboy hat helped me get some nice raffle prizes, especially those floor mats that I refuse to use unless I’m showing her off. ;)

I especially want to thank the Texas group for spending time with us and making us feel so welcomed. I’m sure we’ll meet up again and swap more fun stories.

I pray everyone made it home ok, as did we, and those who had any trouble got it resolved in short order.

Here are a few pic’s I took and I want to personally thank Larry @HUAW for making the Dragon Tail a bit more fun, regardless of the slow bike in front of us!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It seems I cannot upload the videos due to their size but a few more pics can’t hurt. :D(y)

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
I cannot say enough good things about the SSRFanatic family. Lisa & I had such a wonderful time meeting you all and spending time with several of you. I only wish my memory for names was better but I can promise I never forget a face. And my lucky cowboy hat helped me get some nice raffle prizes, especially those floor mats that I refuse to use unless I’m showing her off. ;)

I especially want to thank the Texas group for spending time with us and making us feel so welcomed. I’m sure we’ll meet up again and swap more fun stories.

I pray everyone made it home ok, as did we, and those who had any trouble got it resolved in short order.
We all made it home fine.

Let me see if I can help you out on the Texas Crew:

Left to right: Robert (TXNSSR), Kim (Parnelli), Terry (TLM)

Jeannie (MyCaviar7), Susie and Larry (Curbsssr)

We look different in the daylight huh? :ROFLMAO:

… and yeah, that is one lucky hat.

#19 ·
Such a pleasure to see everyone we met last year, and meet more members of the family. I'm enjoying going through everyone’s pictures. I posted a few, but it’s great to see other perspectives and ones I missed! I’m looking forward to seeing whoever makes it to the International Rally, and of course, next year in Maggie Valley!

#22 ·
@TXNSSR, I appreciated your advice on the super charger and what would need to get done to the tranny. If the funds become available I'll have to see if you're available and make the drive to you. That would be fun.

@MyCaviar7, Lisa & I affectionately nick named you "Texas" before we put your actual name to memory and it has stuck. Sorry, it just has a ring to it and I suppose matches your personality. ;)

@Curbsssr, I actually downloaded a couple of pic's of your truck. Hope you don't mind. As I told you, I absolutely love the paint job and had a bike done the same way years ago with a dragon on the gas tank breathing out all that fire. And it was a please speaking with you and Susie every time.

Unfortunately, I received the bad news yesterday that my torn bicep can not be repaired. I will have to go through some months of rehab and see how the inner bicep can take over lifting duties for the lack of the outer one. But no worries. Life goes on and we learn to adapt. 💪:cool:

Be well Y'all and post more pic's. And I'll keep saving them and memorizing names. 😁

#27 ·
@Cruzrr66 Man, sorry to read about your torn bicep but you have a good attitude! Adapt and Overcome! HOOAH! 😉

Thanks for posting these pictures of Thunder as well! You spent some coin with the Dragon logo but really they are really affordable and the quality is great!

Reactions: Firetruck
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.