Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnuson Products has announced the Radix-SSR intercooled supercharger kit for the SSR. It comes with everything you'll need for installation, including a cast aluminum intake manifold and all the necessary parts. Check out the complete story at ChevySSRForum.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:eek :confused I went to their site but could not find it. A 100HP boost could be pretty cool! I definately will have to research this one!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
05's

I wonder what the cost of the 05 SSR will cost? And would you still put this unit on it? at The price of 5000. would it better to wait for the newer model? My hubby says just put a nitros bottle on it. LOL

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have talked to the magnacharger people in December. they said the kit would be out in April and would cost around 7-8K. Lingen felter wants 1500-2000 to install. I wouldn't want anyone else doing it... But is it really out? The website still says they are coming soon...

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
magnagharger

Im a magnacharger dealer and just talked to magnacharger on Thursday and was told that the supercharger for the SSR is going to be ready in about 3 weeks. The list price is $6,995.00. When i receive the ones i have ordered i'll say there out and will post a price of what i can sell the for. As for instalation it takes about 8 hours to install.

Ed

·
Registered
705 Posts
how much are you going to charge for installation and what kind of warranty? Where are you?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kenne Bell makes a screw drive SC for the 5.3L Vortec it is a complete kit and sells for 4K and change check it out here 5.3L Vortec Super Charger. A Motor Trend test showed an increase of 96 RWHP and 136ftlbs of torque. This would mean apx 425 Flywheel HP and 500 ftlbs. not quite a 10:1 power to weight ratio like the stock Vette but very respectfull considering the boost is available at 2K.

I just received a reply (see below) from them on the development of a kit for the SSR looks like it may be a few months away. If they get more e-mail from SSR owners it might help speed up development time.

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 10:26 PM
Subject: 04 SSR

I Just purchased a new 04 Chevy SSR with a 5.3L Vortec engine. Will your system work on this truck? If so are there any installation differences from the standard "Tahoe" version. Any one else running this on an SSR you can refer me to for a recommendation?

Thanks Rick Giles

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:45 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: 04 SSR

We don't have the kit released for the SSR as of right now. We are getting a vehicle in here in a few weeks. Once we get all the measurements and make sure the calibration is done we should have something out in a couple months. We thank you for your interest in Kenne Bell superchargers.

·
Registered
705 Posts
who has a better reputation: magnaCharger (Eaton) or Bell?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a very good question, I have never had an aftermarket SC on anything. My wifes SLK is SC from the factory and has some real kick but not until after 3K.

The Kenne Bell system does not use (and they claim they don't need) any intercoolers and their price for other 5.3L systems is about $4300

The Procharger is a very nice system but needs alot of plumbing for their air/air intercooler to make it work safely, and the boost has a turbo like lag that comes in strong only over 3K, all the plumming with their intercooler boost the price to almost $7,000.

It looks like the Magna Charger/Eaton systems use an air/water intercooler they also need a supplemental fuel pump to assure enough fuel flow. If I can read between the lines right their kit will be at least $6500.

Apples to Oranges? Who knows I think I'll wait until KB has their system ready. The Vette is for sale but until it's gone it and gives me all the kick in the ass I need.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
magnacharger

I personaly haven't any experience with kenne bell superchargers but know someone who has one an a pt cruiser and has had nothing but problems with it. On the other hand i have installed some Magnacharger superchargers and know for a fact of two people that drive there trucks every day and have 10,000 miles plus each and have yet to have any problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts