Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnachargers first release of SSR superchargers has been shipped out. I have just received my today. Can't what to install it tomorrow. I'll post pictures and let you know how good it works when i get it installed. :jester

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnacharger

I'm dying to see pics and hear how much difference it makes! I don't think you can go wrong with this method to add horsepower. Also, dollars spent per horsepower makes it the cheapest way to go! :)

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it was a long time coming but my supercharger got here this week. I have installed and all i can say is who cares about if there ever going to put a 6.0 in the ssr. This is faster and more fun to drive than a 6.0 would be besides the fact when you open your hood there's something to look at. Here is a picture of the supercharger installed and a picture the plate that tells the story.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
It looks great. One question, it could be me but the blower belt look danagerously close to that hose. :)

:) Besides that I want to be in you shoes whenyou get behind the wheel. You have to put that on a dino for us. :party

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brownhornet

You are correct, the belt is very close but Magnacharger claims thats the way it is but i am going to do something to get more room between the belt and hose. But for now i'm just getting ready to drive it the 35 miles home from my shop and see what kind of trouble i can get unto. :jester

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SORRY to say but you have to use 91 or better but the power is worth every penny even out here in California where were closing in on $3.00 per gallon.

:seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya

I'm off to play !!!1

M

·
0 Posts
That is way too cool. I agree...let us know how the H.P. gains are. Are you going to put it on a dyno? I too would be very interested to know how much it set you back. Did you do all the installation yourself? How hard was it to do?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnacharger

It doesn't matter what it costs! The bottom line is: How does it sound and how does it feel?

Thanks for the pics; keep us informed! :)

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Magnacharger

You don't hear or feel the supercharger at idle, But when you touch the gas pedal you know it's there. It puts you back in the seat thats for sure. As for going on a dyno, I'd rather use my motor up driving than on a dyno and don't really care exactly how much horsepower it has. I do know that on a 1/2 ton chevy pickup with the 5.3 it dyno'd out at a 125 hosepower gain.

As for price, Retail is $6995.00. I am a Magnacharger dealer and if you are intersted in one email me and i can give you a better price. Yes i did install it myself but i'm a mechanic for a living. If you work on motors or do much of your own work it is possible you could install it your self. The kit comes complete with very good instruction. It took me 8 hrs so it is a bit of work. :jester

·
Registered
222 Posts
Huffer Heaven

AWESUM !!!!

:cool

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very Cool :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
Is your exaust till the stock exhaust? Did it change the sound at all(any deeper)?

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSRcobra said:
Very Cool :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
Is your exaust till the stock exhaust? Did it change the sound at all(any deeper)?

Other than the supercharger and the k\n air filter supplied in the kit my ssr is completly stock. When you order the supercharger they give you a reprogramer that is just for your vehicle. Any thing you have done you tell them and they compensate for that. I didn't notice any change in the exaust sound but when you stand on it you really here the supercharger. I don't like loud car so i happy about that, doesn't need to be loud to be fast. :jester

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brownhornet

From what i understand at first it added 115 horspower but they reworked the intake before they released them so it may be more now. I have seem the dynos on 1/2 trucks with the 5.3 and it added 125 horsepower but they only had 275 to start with.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts