Chevy SSR Forum banner

MagnaFlow Cat Back System DONE!

2K views 8 replies 1 participant last post by  craiglieberman 
G
#1 ·
Hi Folks;

I wanted to let you know that MagnaFlow has released our cat back system for the Chevy SSR.

Dyno tested, it made 21 hp and 20 lb/ft of tq at the wheels.

This system sounds great....much like our Corvette system, it has a burbly smooth, deep tone with no in-cabin resonance. You can see it and hear it at:

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/trucks.htm

The part # is 15843. List price is $871, jobber is $797. Once parts are on the shelves at your favorite MagnaFlow dealer, expect "street" pricing of about $673.

The system features a FIVE INCH chrome dual wall tip, with the inner wall being 4 INCH. we use dual wall tips to prevent the chrome turning blue/gold.

The system uses a 3 inch main pipe into a single, 100% polished stainless steel muffler. Then, goes to dual 2.5 inch outlets.

The factory crimp/restriction near the axle has been removed by using 100% mandrel bent tubing.

The system has a lifetime warranty. The system is in production now, and by March 1, your local MagnaFlow dealer will be able to get you yours.

If you have questions, call our 800 990 0905 and ask for Tech Support.

See less See more
#3 ·
Magnaflow and magnacharger are the same company?

Warranty concerns? Will void?

Videos are available at the link he mentioned.

G
#5 ·
Pics

Pics will be coming...we want to showcase a finished system fresh off the line, not the engineering prototype, but we'll post those pics today (FRIDAY) to appease the masses.

To find a dealer in your area, use this link and enter your zip code
http://www.magnaflow.com/03dealer.htm

As for warranty concerns, there are none.

There's a thing called the Magnusson Moss warranty act...basically, it states that a warranty cannot be denied unless the manufacturer can prove that the part you installed directly caused the failure of the part on which you're claiming under warranty.

So, install a blower and the tranny blows up = no warranty. Install an aftermarket exhaust system and the AC goes out = no concerns. Never in our experience has any exhaust system caused a failure of another part. You should have no problems with any properly engineered exhaust systems and most big name companies go to great lengths to release quality products, including our friends at FlowMaster and Borla....don't worry about warranty issues...no matter who's exhaust you choose.

MagnaFlow is in no way connected with any other company...all of our parts are built right here in the USA at our 150,000 sq ft facility in Orange County, California. We also have a 40,000 sq ft facility that includes two in ground dynos and a flow bench facility.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. Your link of dealers are appreciated but I'm not going to take my $50k toy to Merlins or any other dicount muffler shop. I was asking you personally if you know of a custom shop in Chicago metro who does a good job?

G
#7 ·
Let us get you hooked up

I'll do some checking for you...I'm sure we have access to some great shops there.

However, I wanted to note that anyone would be hard pressed to muck this install up. Its' bolt on, with all necessary clamps, hardware, etc. with no cutting required and if an idiot like me can put one on in 20 minutes, any muffler shop should be able to do it.

Better yet, if you own a 1/2 inch wrench, it can be put on in a driveway....

I know, I know...lots of companies say "bolt on"....but we really, really mean it.

All our systems are designed so that they go together in manageable-sized pieces....I personally saw this system go on our test SSR. It went on in 15 minutes, using all the stock hangar locations, etc.

#8 ·
I appreciated if you post the name once you find out. As far me putting it on, I doubt it. I'm a car nut but can't use a screw driver if my life dependent on it. I'd rather get the economy going by spending the cash :cheers Now if you need a root canal, that's a different story...

G
#9 ·
Ok, now that I'm in the office, I find out that the fellow who handles our Chicago installers is out until Tuesday.

I want to talk to him to get his personal recommendation...after all, he's been inside these shops personally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.