Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking my SSR to Magnaflow Exhaust in a week for a design of a new exhaust. I need input as to what everyone would like to see. Please include what you want to see the design turn out like.

True Dual Down Pipes with 2.5" - 3.0" High flow Cats.
True Dual X-Pipe with 2.5" - 3.0"
True Dual System

Magnapack System w/ Tru-X,
rear exit, 4x18" p-SS resonators, 2.5" SS tubing,
4" rolled/slash/p-SS tips

This is the new system for the C6 Corvette, I would like this for the SSR:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/15887_lg.jpg

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Exhaust

The Corvette system you show is pretty much what I'm thinking. Would like to keep the stock cats since I'm in CA unless they come up with something better and get the CARB approval on it..

·
Registered
893 Posts
Exhaust

The 15887 looks good to me.........but it will be the preformance and the sound and less resonance that tells the tale...... :seeya

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Oh Yeah

Make the tips a bit larger (than stock) to fill the cutouts in the rear panel better.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
I will be taking my SSR to Magnaflow Exhaust in a week for a design of a new exhaust. I need input as to what everyone would like to see. Please include what you want to see the design turn out like.

True Dual Down Pipes with 2.5" - 3.0" High flow Cats.
True Dual X-Pipe with 2.5" - 3.0"
True Dual System

Magnapack System w/ Tru-X,
rear exit, 4x18" p-SS resonators, 2.5" SS tubing,
4" rolled/slash/p-SS tips

This is the new system for the C6 Corvette, I would like this for the SSR:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/15887_lg.jpg
This is what I'd like to see-
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2764&highlight=dual+exhaust
Scroll down about 4 posts for a picture of the entire system

·
Registered
43 Posts
Magnaflow

I had a Cat Back Stainless system with 18 in with 3" in and duel 2 1/2 out. It has 5 " tips like the stock, only larger. the only thing that I would change ia the tailpipe extending through the tips. This could cut your finger cleaning. The Sound couldn't be better. I love it and I get nice comments from the Boys. I could have gotten a 14", but glad I didn't. With windows up, just a "sweet rumble". Plaza Muffler Orange, Ca. $685 installed.

BLURSSR

:ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yesterday, I had a Magnaflow muffler installed. They left the cats but changed the pipe that conected the the cats to the muffler and they kept the tail pipes, they said they were big enough. and all for $275. Sounds great when I get on it but yet I can still hear my girlfriend talking, which may or may not be a good thing.

Bard
:ssr

K

·
0 Posts
We need larger diameter tips on the exhaust. The stock are only 4", I would like to see at least 5" to fill the cut outs in the rear. :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have true duals from the cats back ,with an "X" pipe into a dual inlet/outlet Series 40 Magnaflow muffler & love it . Read more in the "Flow master Installed '" Post.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
It would probably look similar to the system vettegirl installed, except with a single, dual in / dual out muffler instead of the two separate flowmasters. I've been told by the local speedshop that the magnaflow is their preferred SSR installation.

I wanna see pictures when yours is done. I'd also like to see some comparative data - before and after, if it is possible.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Power enhancements

I just went to Arizona Speed & Marine looking to get some work quoted to get me up to 650 ponies. There starting to do their homework now. The order I'm looking at getting the work done is this.

1 Ceramic coated headers hooked up to 3" true duel exhaust with an X crossover
2 Magnacharger
3 Internal engine modifications
4 4.10 rear end gearing

2.5 If available a programmer prior to the Magnacharger

I will be doing baseline Dyno testing from an independant source, as well as between each modification to see what the money is buying.

The reason for this order is to spread out the project for financial reason as well as giving me something to look forward to. If at any time I feel I have enough ponies I can stop(like that,s gonna happen). but the wife is buying it.

I would definatly be interested in what you come up with for an exhaust for an 05.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am also doing a similar build-up, the sequence will just be different. I feel that 650 HP at the flywheel is a good number depending on the modifications to the engine. A polished set of heads and a blower cam will give you the biggest increase after the Magnacharger. I should have around 500 RWHP here real soon with what I am doing to mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Each to their own but I have seen the 5" tips and I personally do not like them. They are to big. It boils down to what ever you like. Also FYI. The shop that installed my flowmaster muffler also sells Magnaflows. He told me that he prefers the flowmaster because he gets quite a few magnaflows back because of moisture buildup and eventually rusting out. Something to think about. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
American Thunder

Thanks for your dedication to more power and speed. If it were not for people like you we'd all be driving freeking Hyundais or something. You are a great American!
Cant speak too much about size... What I'd like to see is an entire CARB approved system from block back that is stainless and greatly imroves power without greatly increasing noise.....and fatter tips would look nice.
Maybe we could get Jimteki to chime in on this one.
Zack :cool

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
I'm with Russ04 on the tips

5"ers have the pipe showing through giving an unfinished (which it is) look. Had 4 1/2" tips with the rolled look, the OEM tips came with, put on in place. Nice clean look now.

P/P

Peace :flag

1 - 20 of 27 Posts