Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Just got my Magnaflow Stainless system for$565.00 If anybody is interested call. (949)760-5070 Larry

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnaflow system

I, too, want to "improve" the sound of my '03 SSR. However, I'm afraid to spend the money for another exhaust system until I hear from some of the rest of you how much better it sounds. The sound byte on the Magnaflow web site doesn't sound any different than the stock exhaust!

Please let me know (and the rest of us who are interested) how any of your exhaust system changes have improved your sound, okay? What company makes any "kits" for our SSR's? Are any of them cat-back installations with true duals? I've had good luck with Borla in the past, but they don't respond to e-mails (as they request) on their pathetic outdated web site.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Magnaflow installed

I've had my Magnaflow exhaust in for about 2 weeks now. My observations:

1) My 0-60 times have actually dropped by 0.2 seconds :mad
2) Sounds great. Really makes the SSR sound powerful
3) Gas mileage has improved by almost 1mpg :) (I guess this was unexpected)

I will re-examine everything again in 2 more weeks and give an updated report.

ADDED:
The in cab resonance that I didn't like at 1200-1400rpm is now gone, but there is a slightly muted resonance that takes place at 2100-2300rpm which is around 70-75mph.
When not pressing on the gas the exhaust is extremely quiet, but when you get on it, the sound is great.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magnaflow Exhaust

I notice nothing different, except that it sounds better. It's not loud unless you want it to be. :lol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Magnaflow installed

looking4_an_ssr said:
I've had my Magnaflow exhaust in for about 2 weeks now. My observations:

1) My 0-60 times have actually dropped by 0.2 seconds :mad
2) Sounds great. Really makes the SSR sound powerful
3) Gas mileage has improved by almost 1mpg :) (I guess this was unexpected)

I will re-examine everything again in 2 more weeks and give an updated report.

ADDED:
The in cab resonance that I didn't like at 1200-1400rpm is now gone, but there is a slightly muted resonance that takes place at 2100-2300rpm which is around 70-75mph.
When not pressing on the gas the exhaust is extremely quiet, but when you get on it, the sound is great.

Is quoting myself bad etiquette? Oh well.
1) My 0-60 times are around 6.7 seconds now.
2) Still sounds great.
3) Gas mileage looks to have leveled out at 18.1 mpg which is better than the 17 something mpg I was getting before.

Was is worth the $620 (parts and labor)? eh, I'm middle of the road about it.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
cost

Where is the best and cheapest place to install Magnaflow in So. Cal.?
Recent threads tells me it costs a lot more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

Flowmaster makes a great cat back system. the single in dual 3" out pipes fit well the sound is great , i don't know what it sells for?, i do know its not a big job to change out. a side bar note for you fellow ssr appriciaters, i drove my ssr to the flowmaster factory in santa rosa calf on the 6th of jan this year. i was their first ssr customer they had the car three days and during that time we mocked up and tested 3 differen't systems, a dual 2'', dual 21/2", and finally a dual 3' system. all of the great crew at the factory and myself liked the dual 3" system for it's for it's great sound ,which is not a bother on the highway at all. another side note! since bringing my car back to fla where i live and adding 200+hp to the motor i have changed the single in dual 3" out to a special flowmaster series 50 daul 3"in/out[same tailpipes] regards ron dickson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts