Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
11,274 Posts
Has anyone installed this Supercharger lately? I have seen some info that is a little old--Any updates?
Steve
The last person to install one was @TXNSSR (Robert) on his 2006 Pac Blue 6-speed. I think late last year.

Left Coast 32 has the exclusive Magnuson kit for the SSR. There is a batch of them in production at Magnuson right now. The first 5 will be arriving in December and the rest will be January………. Are you wanting one???

Mike

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 S/C Pac Blue 6spd
1,774 Posts
Has anyone installed this Supercharger lately? I have seen some info that is a little old--Any updates?
Steve
Steve,
My last one was on our blue, but the first was on our silver. They look good on both colors :)

They run like a normal R when driven normally, but put your foot down and they run like scalded dog. I get in and drive them whenever and wherever. They’ve even hauled mulch.
Today they were both out running around in the rain:oops:!

If you‘d like to talk about the experience, send me a conversation and we can exchange contact info and talk.

I’m not sure how anyone around here doesn’t know Elsie, right @richsadams?

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I’m working through the upgrades to R now. Should get done after the first of the year. I’ll make a final decision then. I have been around supercharged vehicles and know what the performance is like. It spoiled me!!
Steve
With number 2, I had the recipe so it went much faster. I turn my own wrenches and knew what worked and what didn’t. I’ve built both from inside out and bottom up, increasing margins and improving performance with the supercharger in mind. That said, the superchargers for the R are not sitting on the shelves, they are a run and done for a while. I wanted and waited around 5yrs for the first, and wasn‘t going to wait on the second.

For the record we have another supercharged ride and a 08 Z06. The R is different. When setup properly, it runs and handles well. It is a 4700lbs beast. I’ve literally had one of ours off the ground and then diving around the next turn. The supercharger makes it even more fun.

·
Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
413 Posts
This is a project for next year---I live in California so I need to make sure that the changes I make do not effect the emission system--unfortunately no headers, keep the cats. etc--We are tested every couple of years. Once I get the upgrade completed I will contact you for more information. I don't have the knowledge to do this project myself so I will need a piece to get it done. I plan on working through Mike in Az as I get closer--
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
This is a project for next year---I live in California so I need to make sure that the changes I make do not effect the emission system--unfortunately no headers, keep the cats. etc--We are tested every couple of years. Once I get the upgrade completed I will contact you for more information. I don't have the knowledge to do this project myself so I will need a piece to get it done. I plan on working through Mike in Az as I get closer--
Steve
Re: Emissions testing in California - Yep, I remember that and registration costs very well. Its one of the many reasons I no longer live there. I still recall receiving my last (forwarded) California registration notice in 91 and it was for $375, and I had just paid $48 here. At one point I failed an EGR leak down check, but passed emissions, so the car failed. I replaced the EGR and went back and passed emissions and equipment check, but the car actually ran far dirtier. For a brief period Texas did yearly emission checks too, but they’ve stepped back to ODB II interrogations of the computer to make sure all the internal system checks have been run recently and there are no codes.

·
Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
413 Posts
We have lived here our entire lives! We have a lot of family here so it is not so easy to escape--we have tried a couple years ago! -rather than creating a lot of friction with the kids we just bite the bullet. Nothing good in California for sure!! I would love a registration fee less than $400!! I just paid $410 for my R and $620 for the wife SUV!! Ridiculous !! AND don't ask about our property tax bills $$$ I will stay in touch after the holidays.
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts